Ailendamus, also known as the Kingdom of Glass and Glory, is a kingdom nation in Terandria, currently under the rule of Itorin Zessoprical II. The National flag consists of a stylized bow with a lance instead of an arrow.
Ailendamus is around three times as large as three of its southern neighbors: Kaliv, Calanfer and Gaiil-Drome, who are generally known as the Dawn Concordat. Ailendamus has a navy, but not a match for either Pheislant nor the one of Belchaus Meron.
Two hundred years ago, Ailendamus was one of the minor kingdoms that emerged after the collapse of the Kingdom of Thire. It was able to conquer the surrounding kingdoms and quickly emerge as a major world power. It is theorized by Ryoka that Ailendamus' quick rise to power can be attributed to Rhisveri's assistance, who was able to provide military, magical, and metallurgic knowledge.
28 years before the events of book 6, the war of Petril’s Folly had set Ailendamus and six other nations against the three kingdoms mentioned above. The war apparently ended without either side claiming a complete victory over the others.
Their warmongering and constant desire to conquer more lands has brought forth anti-Ailendamus sentiments even among apolitical organisations like the Order of Seasons. Despite its negative reputation among its neighbors, Ailendamus treats its own people well, with systems in place that allow for equality.
Ailendamus is a generous sponsor of Wistram Academy which bought them lots of favorable coverage in spyglass-broadcasts. Viltach supports Ailendamus, by making Wistram's policy one of strict neutrality in the developing situation.
There have been only five kings in Ailendamus' history.
Ailendamus' navy was also blocking sea trade that was going towards the (landlocked) Dawn Concordat, defying Pheislant's rule and "vanishing" ships that were loading goods for either of the three nations that made up the Concordat. The Ullsinoi faction of Wistram was faking orders for Admiral Dakelos that they claimed were secret orders from Itorin himself, sailing on an Illusion of the Ailendamus' flagship which is the Itorin's Pride. That ruse led Dakelos into mock-attacking Belchaus Meron's navy, who took the threat seriously and easily overwhelmed Dakelos' ships and crew.
- Avring - [General of the Line]
- Rel - [General of the Line] (Deceased)
- Vexil (Deceased)
- Yerzhen / Bear of Ailendamus
- Dionamella - Great General of the Ages (Deceased)
Ailendamus has 3 Knight Orders under it, which are:
- Wrmeriye - Capital City
“Let the lance-arrows fall from Ailendamus walls and guard the Kingdom of Glass and Glory/Until my dying breath, from sea to glorious sea Ailendamus, the only Kingdom of Terandria for me”
“…To protect crown and people, every [Knight] stands true. A [Soldier] I shall be, or if a [Farmer] be my calling, to my part I shall do~”
- Pisces is from Ailendamus.
- Purple and Black are the Kingdom primarily colors motif, with Light Green or Silver being the secondary colors. The colors are actually an almost spot-on for Rhisveri's features.
- Ailendamus holds 41 holidays each year, 6 of which are in honor to [Farmers], wherein festivities are provided across the nation.
- The Kingdom is built on a natural leyline, and historic sites of old.
- So far the Kingdom had 5 rulers, with Itorin (the First) being the 2nd King, and Itorin II (the Second) being the 5th King.
- Wrmeriye, Ailendamus’ capital city, isn’t in the center of the nation, but close to where it had originally been when the nation had been smaller, bordering Kaliv’s north.
- Chapter 7.48 K
- Interlude: The Gecko of Illusions
- Chapter 7.10 K
- Chapter 7.08 K
- Chapter 6.44 E
- Interlude - The Titan's Question
- Interlude - Talia
- Chapter 7.15 R
- Chapter 7.21 KQ
- Chapter 8.46 G
- Chapter 8.73 R
- Chapter 8.74 DR
- Chapter 8.82 (Pt. 1)
- Chapter 8.59 H
- Chapter 6.59
- Chapter 8.41
- Chapter 8.50
- Chapter 8.71