Belgrade looks like an average Antinium Worker; but there are enough individual traits that other people (like Erin) can distinguish him from other Antinium easily.
Belgrade is very cautious and tactical when it comes to both chess and battle. He prefers employing strategies where he knows he will win and that has created an enjoyment of creating, building, and improving traps.
Due to his trauma of nearly drowned, when the rainy season of spring begins, he starts to rock back and forth, and repeat the words "Oh no" anxiously.
Belgrade was a stickler for tactics and the openings Erin had taught them, and played defensively. He liked to use his knights in openings, and to correctly place his pieces while playing. In the referenced chapter, he repeatedly lost to Anand, which "extremely upset" him.
Two years ago, during the rainy season of spring, he nearly drowned when water burst through the tunnel he was in. He only survived by holding his breath until the water could be drained from the tunnel he was trapped in. This experience left him traumatized to the point that he does not do well during the rainy season.
Powers and Abilities
- [Basic Fortification Construction]
- [Battlefield Eye]
- [Mark Target]
- [Simple Trap Construction]
- ??? - Skills suitable for static defenses.
(For Leveling History see Here)
- He sufferers of Aquaphobia - a persistent and abnormal fear of water.
- Belgrade attends Pawn's sermons sometimes, but he does not pray.
- As of Ch 6.29, Belgrade has lost 6,723 Workers in engagements under his command. Among does numbers, 400 of them were killed by a Snatcher.
- His name is same as the capital of Serbia, Belgrade, where a number of important chess games were played. Belgrade probably named himself after the risky but leverageable Belgrade Gambit, since Erin taught the Antinium many chess openings.
- (To Pawn) “I must rest if I am to fight at peak efficiency. Pawn, you must promise me to stay behind your Soldiers. If you die…I would not know how to speak to Erin.”
- (To Anand) “While I appreciate the gesture and am very emotional Anand, I do not seem to have acquired the ‘warm and fuzzy’ feelings that Erin spoke of.”
- (To himself) “Oh dear. This could be problematic.”
- (To Pawn) “They are not, Pawn. They are Autonomous. Or regular Soldiers and Workers. They are not you. I have grown used to losing them. I could not bear to lose you. So. Do not die, please.”
- (To Liscorian Citizens) “Excuse me. Stand back, please. We are going to begin construction in this area. Anyone in this area may suffer the risk of death. Thank you.”
- (To Octavia) “Well, in my hypothetical breaching scenario, you are already dead, Miss Cotton. The invaders would have breached your shop and you would have put up a valiant defense.”
- (To himself) “Oho. Oho. I am told ‘oho’ is something you say when you are happy.”
- (To Lism and Krshia) “The Free Antinium will doubtless be willing to construct the buildings. However, I have been instructed to ‘get something in return of substance or don’t agree’. May you assist me in that endeavor?”