He has a red feather hanging from a simple cord around his neck.
Powers and Abilities
- [Eagle Eyes]
- [Homing Shot]
- [Long Range Shot]
- [Piercing Shot]
- [Soothing Melody]
- Crude Bow
- Reflexed Composite Bow
- In Interlude – Bird, his age and birthday, which is sometime in Autumn, were revealed.
- Bird hunts birds for numerous reasons, like to showcase his abilities. He loves to hunt and wants to challenge himself. Shooting at slow beings on the ground is too easy, so he looks to up to the masters of the sky. Furthermore, he is jealous of birds and their ability to fly. Also, well, they taste delicious.
- Bird is one of the four survivors of the battle against Skinner and the undead.
- Bird is considered weird. Even Pawn, Anand, Belgrade and Garry think and agree of Bird’s weirdness.
- Erin calls his chess games the ‘weirdest games she’d ever played’.
- (To Pawn) “I do not interact with any other species, Pawn. You are fortunate to talk with a Human on a daily basis.”
- (To Pawn) “There are many birds here. I must go hunt them.”
- (To Erin) “Yes. Shooting birds is enjoyable.”
- (To Venitra) “Know that I am obliged to hurt you with brutal force. You are not a bird, so I will shoot you and not eat you. Unless you are tasty.”
- (To Venitra) “That was feces from the outhouse. I gathered it. It is an antagonistic action meant to irritate. I am bait. The poo is not from birds, by the way.”
- (To Himself) “I am Bird. Bird I am. I hunt birds with my bow. This is my song. La. Lah, la…birds.”
- (To Badarrow) “You shot me! It was a good shot! I said good shot! Show me how!”
- (To Erin) “Goose. Goose. Goose. Oh. A duck’s feather. I am very content.”
- (To Erin) “You are interrupting the story. Be shush.”
- (To himself) “I am Bird. I am wet. It is raining. I am wet. Drip, drip, I am Bird…”
- (To himself) “Water, rain, water, rain! Throwing birds in the water in the rain! If I fall I will drown! Water, rain, water, rain!”
- (To himself) “One moth goes splat, two moths go splat-splat. Three moths go splat-splat-splat.”
- (To Queen)“If I bring you a bird, can I go?”
- (To Queen) “You are a big Queen. Not at all like a bird. I am Bird. Is it hard to breathe? I am very high. Like a bird! I always wanted to be a bird.”
- (To Queen) “I always wanted to fly. Belgrade says a Worker cannot fly but I am very high. I am very high. I am very high, all up in the sky. I am Bird. I like to fly. So very high. When my Queen holds me, I am in the sky. Will I die? Fly, fly. Fly.”
- (To himself) “I am Bird, this is bad. If the monsters get Erin, I will be sad…oh, there are many. This is bad, bad, bad!”
- (To Badarrow) “…Why were we shooting at Mister Halrac?”
- (To Erin) “How bad did I do. Very bad? Very bad?”
- (To Halrac) “I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry—”
- (To Mrsha) “Go away. I am worthless.”
- (To Mrsha) “Leave me. I am not-Bird. I am bad-Bird.”
- (To Selys) “Miss Ceria is gone too. I have failed twice over. She is a resident of the inn. And Ksmvr is gone. I have failed thrice over.”
- (To Bevussa) “Oh. Good. Then I will bother you.”
- (To Bevussa) “Yes. But I am also named Bird after Henry Edward Bird, who played chess and was important. He was a Human who invented the Bird’s Opening and Bird’s Defense in chess.”
- (To Bevussa) “They are beautiful. I would trade all my pillows for one feather.”
- (To Bevussa) “You have wings. And you fly. Thus you are a bird. But Erin has explained to me why I am not supposed to shoot you, so I will not. Unless you want me to?”
- (To Bevussa) “I am not food.”
- (To Bevussa) “I must go for reasons I have not come up with yet. Goodbye.”
- (To himself) “That is good. I am Bird. Ow. Ow. I am much in pain. Ow. But I am brave. La, la, I am a brave little Bird…ow.”
- (To Garry) “Ah. The cake is not a lie. And it is cake. And very tasty. Even though it makes my stomach hurt.”