Calruz was the leader of the silver-rank adventurer group, the Horns of Hammerad.
Only his left arm remains, having lost the other arm, the dominant one, during the fight against Skinner. He has short, dark brown fur, and, after he spent months in Liscor's dungeon, yellow teeth.
Calruz is a very straightforward person. He speaks what is on his mind, whether it is tactful or not in that situation. He is guided by his own principles of honor in all aspects of his life.
Also, Calruz was an adventurer in the core of his personality, who would never quit adventuring.
He founded the Horns of Hammerad and recruited all of them. He was also responsible for their combat motto: Death before Dishonor.
His group successfully raided the Ruins of Albez and fought a Lich. He was very thankfully towards Ryoka Griffin who had assisted them by delivering potions. So much so, that his group went to Liscor to get Ryoka cured from her leg injury. He then assembled several teams of silver-ranked adventurer captains like himself, and urged them to a joint expeditions in the Ruins of Liscor.
Before that mission though, he was challenged by Ryoka to a duel, where she insulted him. He only realized then that she had no levels. While he was disappointed and dismissive of her then, he still admired her bravado and considered her a warrior in spirit. When Calruz taught Erin some basic fighting skills, he was still thinking about Ryoka and how he would make her accept leveling.
After Skinner's Attack on Liscor, it was presumed that Calruz was dead. However, Olesm realized that his bones were never discovered by the Watch after the attack concluded. During an excursion with Pisces, the two realized that there was the possibility that Calruz escaped through the 5th hidden entrance into Liscor's Dungeon.
It is later revealed that Calruz did survive the fall into the dungeon. However, he appears to have gone mentally insane, either as a result of being in the dungeon, drinking the dungeon's water, or simply by suffering excruciating loss. As a result, he meets and challenges Raskghar in the dungeon, becoming their Chieftain. He is the primary antagonist during the events of the Raskghar Attack on Liscor, eventually being defeated and captured.
He has since been held in the strongest cell in Liscor's prison.
Powers and Abilities
- [Fighter] Lv. ? (Presumably Level 35+ and class might have advanced)
- [Honorbound Prisoner] Lv. ? (derived from [Prisoner])
- [Efficient Metabolism]
- [Gore Splash]
- [Hammer Blow]
- [Recall Guilt]
- [Thick Skin]
- [Peaceful Rest]
- [Whirlwind Cleave]
- ??? - Makes the target he looks at feel fear and the overwhelming urge to obey him.
- [Death Before Dishonor]
(For Leveling History see Here)
- n/a, currently in prison.
- Steel battleaxe
- Enchanted Axe. It was made of some kind of false gold metal, with a bright green edge.
- Once the enchantment is activated, the green head on the golden metal shines bright, and the edge grows, turning transparent, until it is three times larger than the axe's head.
- When Calruz was still around Level 20 he could have already joined a Gold-rank team, as the strength that comes from being a Minotaur would have compensated for his relatively low level. He refused to advance, however. Calruz enjoys being in command, but he would've been to weak by Gold-standards to keep being in that position.
- Calruz came from The Isles of Minos.
- After meeting Erin, he was dismayed by her lack of fighting skills. He teaches her how to fight, resulting in her unlocking the skill [Power Strike]. [Power Strike] upgraded further to [Minotaur Punch] when Erin was defending Calruz's fighting lessons.