He is estimated to be about six foot seven, without even counting the horns. He has long tufted ears that can be very expressive, especially when they go still. He has blue eyes, which can turn red when he becomes enraged.
Calruz is a very straightforward person. He speaks what is on his mind, whether it is tactful or not in that situation. He is guided by his own principles of honor in all aspects of his life.
After Skinner's Attack on Liscor, it was presumed that Calruz was dead. However, Olesm realized that his bones were never discovered by the Watch after the attack concluded. During an excursion with Pisces, the two realize that there was the possibility that Calruz escaped through the 5th hidden entrance into Liscor's Dungeon.
It is later revealed that Calruz did survive the fall into the dungeon. However, he appears to have gone mentally insane, either as a result of being in the dungeon, drinking the dungeon's water, or simply by suffering excruciating loss. As a result, he meets and challenges Raskghar in the dungeon, becoming their Chieftain. He is the primary antagonist during the events of the Raskghar Attack on Liscor, eventually being defeated and captured.
He has since been held in the strongest cell in Liscor's prison.
Powers and Abilities Edit
- (Past) [Fighter] Lv. 22
- (Present) Unknown. Presumably a level 35+ combat class.
- [Prisoner] Lv. ?
- [Efficient Metabolism]
- [Gore Splash]
- [Hammer Blow]
- [Recall Guilt]
- [Thick Skin]
- [Peaceful Rest]
- [Whirlwind Cleave]
- ??? - Makes the target he looks at feel fear and the overwhelming urge to obey him.
Current Equipment Edit
- n/a, currently in prison.
Previous Equipment Edit
- Steel battleaxe
- Enchanted Axe. It is made of some kind of false gold metal, with a bright green edge.
- Once the enchantment is activated, the green head on the golden metal shines bright, and the edge grows, turning transparent, until it is three times larger than the axe's head.
- Although he was just Level 22, his Minotaur heritage would have compensated for the lacking level and allowed him to become a Gold-Rank Adventurer had he wanted. He refused to advance, though, as he wouldn't been able to be the captain in the new group that he would have joined, as he would have been too weak for Gold-rank standards.
- Calruz came from The Isles of Minos.
- After meeting Erin, he was dismayed by her lack of fighting skills. He teaches her how to fight, resulting in her unlocking the skill [Power Strike]. [Power Strike] upgraded further to [Minotaur Punch] when Erin was defending Calruz's fighting lessons.
Volume 1 Edit
- (To Ryoka) “I am Calruz of the Beriad. I lead the Horns of Hammerad, an adventuring party in these parts. I am in your debt, Ryoka Griffin. May we sit?”
- (To Erin) “Those who believe they will lose before battle begins have already lost.”
- (To Erin) “If you can injure me I will hang up my axe and cease living as a warrior this instant.”
- (To Erin) “That—was a dishonorable blow.”
- (To the undead) “Pathetic spirits of the dead! I am Calruz, leader of the Horns of Hammerad! I challenge you. Face me and meet your end!”
Volume 5 Edit
- (To Ceria) “You’ve returned to me. My precious teammate. My Horn of Hammerad. At last I have someone to rely on. Someone to help me.”
- (To Ceria) “Hold, Ceria. Those are my prisoners.”
- (To Ceria) “Why, they are my team of course. A new team. A…tribe. I lead them. The Raskghar are my tools to conquer the dungeon.”
- (To Ceria) “Yes. My teammate. You’re here. We can finally finish our job. We’ll conquer this dungeon and emerge as heroes! Heroes, Ceria! Imagine it!”
- (To Ceria) “Look. My tribe multiplies. This is mine. Mine! And you—you are mine too. Traitor or not. You will be mine. I will make you mine.”
- (To Ceria) “I trusted you. I called you my friend. I told you my secrets. Even when you tried to kill me, I trusted you. And this is how you repay me? With treachery? With this?”
- (To Ceria) “I can hear her. You shouldn’t have taken me out. She knows. She’s waiting for you to let her out.”
Volume 6 Edit
- (To Ceria) “Better to die sane than down there, like a monster.”
- (To 2 Rats) “You shall be Haldagaz, Vanquisher of Foes. And you will be Rhata, Trident-Guardian of the Harbor of Hammerad.”
Chapter Appearances Edit
- ↑ Chapter 5.38
- ↑ Chapter 1.12 R
- ↑ Chapter 1.11 R
- ↑ Chapter 5.38
- ↑ Chapter 4.37 O
- ↑ Calruz was stated to be somewhat stronger than the Awakened Raskghar, who are all in turn said to be the equivalent of level 35 [Warriors].
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Chapter 5.42
- ↑ Chapter 1.12 R
- ↑ Chpater 2.07
- ↑ Chapter 1.41
- ↑ Chapter 2.22