When on-stage, Cara dresses like a star and wears makeup to hide blemishes on her skin.
To her audience, Cara is a cheerful, upbeat person; in actuality, she is very prickly and isn't afraid to insult people who are acting stupid. Cara often wears facades in order to protect herself and her identity, and tells people what they want to hear from her as long as that is convenient for herself. She is hardworking and professional, evident by how she was able to become the most successful and famous Earthers in the world. Cara is appreciative of her fans, working hard to ensure they are getting their money's worth. Additionally, she is mindful of copyright infrigements, keeping a plagiarism log to record all the songs she sings which she claims to "keep me honest."
Cara despises royalty and hierarchies; essentially any social order that keeps common people oppressed. Despite that, she is on good terms with Seraphel du Marquin, the 4th Princess of Calanfer. She also bears an enmity against Ailendamus.
While the world and even the Earthers around her know her by the name Cara O'Sullivan, Cara has implied it is not her real name, which is confirmed by Aaron who found that scrying spells don't work on her (which depends on the person's real name.
Cara came to Innworld in the year of 2018, from Galway of Ireland, while coming out of a theatre and crossing the street. She ended up being teleported to Terandria, in Noectilus. She was there throughout the fall and into winter. More TBA From Chapter 8.68
There she met Seraphel du Marquin and Ser Dalimont, and was involved in several incidents where she helped defeat a [Necromancer] and Belavierr the Stitch Witch. In a conversation with Blackmage, Elena reveals that she was rescued by Cara in Terandria, and marched together on a "village out of hell" ruled by Belavierr.
Cara is growing in popularity in Terandria, adopting several nicknames including "Baroness of the Beats," "The Queen of Pop," "The Siren of Songs," and "The [Singer] of Terandria". Archmage Nailihuaile and Blackmage develop magic crystals that can record her songs.
By now, Cara has become a famous [Pop Star] journeying through Terandria on the search for more Earthers and for a safe place to stay. Her public entourage includes her [Manager] Abebi, Nicolas and another guy from Argentina, the [Drummer] Thien, the [Guitarist] Greg, the [Bassist] Rae and a [Violinist]. Aside from them, more Earthers are covertly following her, among them Desmond. These people are shielded by her so they aren't detected by Wistram. At some point, Cara sent Elena to Wistram to check it out, and thus found out that the [Mages] from the Academy are not trustworthy and the island is not the safe haven she wants.
In one of Pheislant's port cities, Phel's Light, Cara has a concert at the same time as several knighthood orders, including the Order of Seasons, are awaiting the arrival of a funeral barge carrying the bodies of Ser Raim and several [Hunters] back from their campaign in Izril against Belavierr. During the middle of the performance, Cara leads her audience to the harbor to honor the fallen [Knights].
Cara is watching Wistram's broadcast on Yellow Fevers, disgusted by the misinformation announced by Sir Relz and Noass. However, she becomes interested and highly amused when Drassi forces her way into the broadcast and begins interrogating the two [Commentators].
Cara appears on a segment of Wistram television, performing several live music videos that contains hidden warnings to Earthers watching the broadcast and is interviewed by Drassi. After the performance, she is highly startled to see Jasi's rendition of Take on Me, as well as the Players of Celum's performance of Hamlet.
During Ryoka, Saliss, and Maviola's run to save Hethon and Sammial Veltras from the Circle of Thorns, Cara is one of many individuals across the world who uses their Skills to boost the three and impede the Assassin's Guild. A few days later during the Summer Solstice, she receives Aaron's text message about the Gods.
When nations and major organizations began broadcasting their football expertise and exercise routines on television, Cara is surprised when they began playing her music as background music (at the behest of Elena). Later, she is one of many who watches Grand Magus Eldavin's story about Archmages Zelkyr Amerwing and Peril Chandler. Cara is mentioned in Seraphel du Marquin's speech honoring Noelictus at a ball in Nadel, while also revealing that both were involved in some attack in Ovela.
Powers and Abilities
Cara has two classes and has reached level 40 in one of them.
- [Pop Star] Lv. 40
- Derived from [Singer]
- [Thespian] Lv. ?
- Derived from [Actor]
- [Alter Ego] / [Alter Ego: (Person)]
- [Banshee’s Voice]
- [Fame Is My Magic]
- [For Every Soul I Entertain, Goodwill Remains]
- [I Can Do Anything I Claim]
- [Melody of Speed]
- [Performer’s Grace]
- [Remember My Name]
- [Song of Rejuvenation]
- She obtained the [Pop Star] Class from a variation of [Singer] and seemed to be a bit embarrassed about it.
- In Chatroom:
- Si vis pacem, para bellum. (Translation = If you want peace, prepare for war)
- Count me in. Where do we start?
- What is this, a support group? We’re not in a game.
- (To Greg)
- “Stop listenin’ to the plámásing cunts thats yer wan I wouldn’t let in here you stupid fook.”
- “I said—stop listening to those flattering cunts, you stupid fucking idiot. They don’t come in here. No one does!”
- “I don’t. But those brave lads died far from home, trying to do the right thing as they saw it. So if you can’t respect that, grab a rope, tie it around your neck, and go jump off a chair. ‘Cause if you don’t, I’ll do it for you.”
- (To her Group) “Who is this Drake? Why do I love her?”
- (To Aaron) “You want to talk about help, Blackmage? You don’t want to do a ‘who owes who’ with me. You want trust? Put Elena on. No? That’s what I thought.”
- (To her Group) “Someone get rid of Greg and get me whoever that is.”
- (To Rae) “There’s nowhere my voice can’t reach. Tell Aaron I need a favor.”
- (To all listeners) “This one goes out to the Wind Runner of Reizmelt, the [Alchemist] of Pallass, Lady El and whoever believes in doing the right thing!”
- (To Ryoka) “You remind me of my best friend from Earth. We might get along after all.”
- (Thoughts) My should-be-dead gods, he’s a great singer!
- (To Menorkel) “You. Are. Beautiful. Menorkel, that song is genius.”
- (To Ryoka) “Yes. And you just happen to have met the 6th Princess of Calanfer after she ran away. Who works at an inn in the middle of the continent. Which one is more coincidental?”
- (To Ryoka) “By killing an Archmage? Or are you going to stab everyone who wants to keep fighting? I grant you, if it works it works. But no. I have to go. Soon.”
- (To Regalius) “I will not surrender to Ailendamus’ unkind mercies. Nor are you wrong, Baron Regalius du Ecte! I am the Gravesinger of Afiele! And I say to you all: Ovela stands! Ovela and Afiele, and the Kingdom of Shade!”
- (To Ryoka) “You’re not the only one who can fly. See you around, Ryoka.”
- Chapter 7.21 KQ
- Chapter 8.24
- Chapter 8.59 H
- Chapter 7.50
- Chapter 8.68
- Interlude - Perspective and Past
- Chapter 7.29 B
- Interlude - 3
- Chapter 6.32
- Chapter 7.32 D
- Chapter 7.50
- Chapter 7.59
- Solstice (Pt. 3)
- Chapter 8.01
- Chapter 8.15
- Interlude - Paradigm Shift (Pt. 2)
- Chapter 8.24
- Chapter 8.56
- Chapter 8.59 H
- Interlude - 3