Chaldion Oliwing, also known as the Cyclops of Pallass, is Pallass' [Grand Strategist] and member of the influential Oliwing family.
He is an elderly Drake that at the latest looks like he is in his seventies, with nearly completely grey scales, having only a hint of yellow in them. He has several scars on his face and misses some teeth, with the remaining ones being yellow but still sharp. An eye patch covers his missing right eye, which he replaced with a prosthetic one made of sapphire.
Despite his elderly appearance, Chaldion is ruthless and crafty. He has a sharp mind, able to see all the angles in a situation and take action without hesitation. He is more casual and friendly with personal acquaintances, though his first priority will always be to Pallass. He is exceedingly stubborn, though will back down when necessary. Chaldion can be utterly ruthless and brutal in both battles and politics, and has the terrifying reputation to match it.
He was in his seventies or eighties when Saliss began giving him Youth Potions and Potions of Age Reversal.
Powers and Abilities
- [Battalion: Arcs of the Swallow]
- [First Forwards, First Out]
- [Long-Range Command]
- [Marked Target]
- [Path to Victory]
- [Rapid Retreat]
- [Speed Formation]
- [Steelscale Advance]
Skills that apply only to Armies.
- [Duplicate Projectiles]
- [Veteran’s Knowledge]
Enchanted Gemstone Eyeballs
Chaldion has a variety of false eyeballs for his missing right eye, made of different gemstones, and each is enchanted with a different Spell, which he switch depending on the occasion needed. Known ones are:
- Sapphire Eyeball: Enchanted with [Truesight].
- Ruby Eyeball: Enchanted to shoot a [Fireball], that is strong enough to blow a Wyvern head.
- White Eyeball Gemstone: Enchanted with [Scrying].
- ???: Enchanted with [Appraisal].
- ???: Enchanted to creating a bubble of privacy for talking.
- Ring enchanted to create a space around the wearer to prevent eavesdropping while talking.
- A Walking Cane enchanted to release a glowing magical spear from the tip. Activated by tapping it twice.
- His surname was revealed in Ch 7.17 S.
- While he is a 106 years old, he looks like he is in his seventies. This is because in a way, thanks to Saliss' Potions of Reverse Aging, he physically is in his seventies.
- He is named the Cyclops of Pallass because while one eye he might have, but under him, Pallass had organization, competent leadership, and intelligence that didn’t fight with the military for seniority.
- (To Venim) “That’s for me to decide! Hands off! And if Rufelt made it, I’ll like it. Don’t bother me. I’m playing. And keep those pesky [Tacticians] and [Strategist] brats out of my spines for a bit!”
- (To Erin) “Sweet! Just the thing for brain food. Wonderful sweets you have here. Who am I? Chaldion. A humble old Drake too stubborn to retire.”
- (To Erin) “That annoying muscle-head is at it again. You set him on that adventuring team, did you? You must either love or hate them, girl.”
- (To Grimalkin and Saliss) “It’s uncanny. She’s rather like an enigma wrapped up in a bottle inside an aggravating pot enchanted to annoy you.”
- (To Grimalkin) “Magus, you’re conflating the issues. The actions of the King of Destruction or other nations across the world cannot be the product of one [Innkeeper]’s Skills.”
- (To Noass) “I believe I predicted this. Would you like a breakdown of exactly how badly Belchan’s army was beaten? Because that is why he is called the King of Destruction.”
- (To Walled Cities) Pallass. ‘Go to Rhir’s hell and stop spreading gossip.’ From Grand Strategist Chaldion, verbatim. Exiting shared [Message] spell.
- (To Saliss) “She’s not a bystander either. You may stay out of it. This is my decision as a [Strategist]. You are a busybody that Pallass deigns to call on and suffer.”
- (To Saliss) “You can’t keep me in this world forever, Saliss. I’m too old for it. And I am no hero. Just a [Strategist]. Someday, even your age potions will stop working, just like the healing potions.”
- (To Altestiel) “The Earl of Desonis, the Knight Marshal of Rains. It has been a while since I met a Terandrian of such note.”