Chapter 1.00 D is the first chapter telling the story of Geneva Scala on Baleros (first called a Side Story, the "Doctor Edition").
The chapter starts with a backstory of Geneva's childhood, and a in-medias-res scene of her current occupation as a [Doctor].
The rest of the chapter is a flashback told as the situation develops: Geneva is stumbling around as new arrival in a Balerosian city near a lake, inhabited by Lizardfolk, Dullahans and Centaurs, and she is recruited by the 4th Battalion of the Raverian Fighters as a Doctor, despite not having a class yet.
During the march towards the war theater, three days after Geneva enlisted, 4th Batallion is ambushed by Centaur raiders, and Geneva has to put her skills as a newly-minted [Doctor] to the test, saving one of her fellow recruits. Over the next days, she gets to treat other recruits, first among them a Dullahan with a bad infection.
On the day before they reach the main part of the Raverian Fighters, another night ambush by Centaurs destroys the most precious resource of the Batallion: the supply of healing potions they were escorting to the battlefield.
(Which leads back to the current time; the next chapter continues where the intro scene broke off.)
(All First Appearance)
- Geneva Scala
- ? - Two [Soldier] assistants
- ? - Minotaur soldier with huge spike club
- ? - Tall female Dullahan with a scar over an eye
- ? - Young Lizardboy guide to the city
- ? - Old Lizardfolk [Seamstress]
- ? - Naked Centaur [Archer] with raven hair, tanned skin and a magical bracelet
- ? - Batallion's [Quartermaster]
- ? - Dark-skinned bark-armored Dullahan
Companies Introduced and Mentioned Edit
- Raverian Fighters
- Magehammer Company
- Burning March Company
- Centaur Tribe
- The Four Companies of Baleros:
- Various medical supplies bought or improvised by Geneva
- Weak, Green Healing Potion
Statistics Obtained Edit
Geneva Scala Edit
- Classes/Levels = [Doctor] Lv. 4 (+4)
- Skills = [Lesser Resistance: Disease] + [Hygienic Hands] + [Lesser Resistance: Infection]