He is a young man, with dark, tanned skin, and has a muscular figure.
He has an accent that causes some words get turned into others. For instance ‘go on’ turns into ‘gwan’.
Flynn lived in Melbourne, Australia. He is friend with Daly, and they and the rest of their friends were waiting for their plane in an airport.
After he came back from the bathroom, he saw Daly vanish. He started shouting and asking if anyone else had seen what happened, but no one else had even noticed. They just thought Daly had gone off somewhere. As he was trying to explain what he saw, two more vanished. Then people noticed and began shouting. He ran about, trying to find them, and as he was going for security, he was teleported into the Kingdom of Nerrhavia’s Fallen, of Chandrar.
At first it was tough for him as he had to beg for water, and survive on his wits alone, but after meeting his first friendly animal, a Needlehound that was dying of thirst in the heat and gave her some water, thus befriending her, he became a [Beast Tamer]. With the Needlehound, now named Pricky, by his side, Flynn had been running about Nerrhavia’s Fallen for the last few months, working as a Bronze-rank adventurer, hunting, fighting monsters, even making things. Anything to earn enough money to survive.
As he was trying to make money and get to Silver-rank, he saw Joseph's Soccer game on the Wistram's television. Hoping that at Wistram Academy he may get help to find his friends, or news of what was happening on Earth, he went to ask at the Mage’s Guild. There they figured out he was an Earther and had him on the Emerald Signet ship that was going to Wistram Academy, before he could blink.
Powers and Abilities
- [Beast Tamer] Lv. ?
- Pricky - Needlehound
- His mother is from India.
- (To Drake [Mage] & 'Troy') “’S fine. Don’t worry about it. Hey, nice to meet you. The name’s Flynn. Flynn Patel.”
- To 'Troy':
- “You afraid of dogs, mate?”
- “Not exactly. I’d love to learn magic. But uh—I was recruited. I don’t know a lick about magic. I’ve been roughing it around here for the last few months. Say…Troy Atlas. That’s an interesting name.”
- (To 'Troy' & Drake [Mage]) “I knew it! You bastard, you had me thinking—god! Hey! Hey, I found another one!”
- (To 'Troy') “I knew it. No one has a name like that. How’d you find out? Where did you land? No—wait. Have you met anyone else? I’ve been searching for my mates, but no one’s heard of them.”
- (To 'Troy' & Pricky) “Oh, don’t mind Pricky. She’s just hungry. Here you go, girl. Troy, meet my partner and the only reason I’m still alive. Pricky, say hi.”
- (To 'Troy') “I hope this ‘Academy of Mages’ has enough room for her to run about. I hear it’s just one island. But I couldn’t leave her behind. I’d have gone mad without her looking after me, monsters aside.”
- (To 'Troy') “You’re not shitting yourself in this storm, mate?”
- (To Ryoka) “No problem. I understand—a girl’s gotta fly, right?”