Half-Elves look like Humans, with the exception of having pointed ears and unearthly complexion.
Physical Abilities Edit
Half-Elves' pointed ears are better than Human ones, and they can hear someone speaking in a low voice. They can also hear the sound coming from sports gear earbuds on someones ears, but they still have trouble listening to the faint audio.
Half-Elves, when careful and lucky, can become as old as 300 years and more. That said, average Half-Elves often get killed in their youth before they even turn a century old. Half-Elven infants grow up quickly like Humans do, mature to their adult body when they are in their twenties and undergo a puberty that last many years - Ceria Springwalker, for example, spent 10 years dealing with the worst of hormonal imbalances, uncontrolled magical outbursts and the like. After they have become adult, Half-Elves visibly age three times slower than adult Humans, and it is when they become at least 200 years old that their hair starts to turn white.
No matter how many generations pass, a Half-Elf and a human will always produce a Half-Elf child.
Still while their Half-Elves blood always threw true, even from other Non-Humans as well, if ones ancestry heritage was mixed enough, sometimes they can carry the influence from the other race, like having scales from a Lizardfolk ancestry running up ones forearm and ending at their elbow.
Magical Qualities Edit
Half-Elves are more gifted at magic than any other species, but they don’t learn spells any faster. They also have a greater deal of internal magic in their bodies, that they simply generate by existing. Half-Elven bones are more conductive for magic.
Due to their Elves heritage, Half-Elves are partly immune to hex or bewitch, as no matter how powerful an enchantment is, it will slowly fade, as there is no spell their blood will not break in time.
Special Abilities Edit
They have greater affinity with plants than other species do, like knowing the best way to planting them so they can absorb more nutrition and placing them in good spots for the sun. They also know where they could find flowers during winter.
At one time, Half-Elves ruled over most of Terandria and enslaved Humans. As a result, even now they are despised and discriminated against on the continent, especially by the Humans.
Half-Elves keep to their own communities, on the edges of society, and they are tolerated because they are useful and some half-Elves have valuable Skills or high levels. But they are not liked.
A 60 years old Half-Elf, is considered barely older than a teenager by their people’s standards.
Half-Elves take on the cultures they were raised in.
People not native of Terandria (for example, Drakes, Dullahans, Centaurs and Lizardfolk) seem to be impartial when it comes to dealing with Half-Elves. People of Terandria have a negative bias towards them, as elaborated below.
In Terandria, Half-Elves are a minority nowadays and despised due to the long-gone times when they had subjugated Humans. Half-Elves are considered untrustworthy, thieves, criminals and bandits at the best of times. It is said that they lie, cast harmful magic, prey on good, innocent folk, and they steal children out of cradles at night, even when everyone knows that last claim was false.
- Note: Given the lifespan and experience (levels) a sheltered Half-Elf can achieve, combined with all their progeny being Half-Elven, wide-spread intermarriage of Elves (which may seem prudent individually: They are long-lived and often attractive and looking ahead) with Nobility can lead to a legal Half-Elven ruling class in a very short amount of time, against which the Peasantry would naturally rebel. This is what may have happened in Terandria, and which is also the reason that Terandrian Nobility emphasizes their racial Pure-Bloodedness.
For reasons not yet stated, Frost Faeries hate half-Elves and will torment them whenever they can. Their most common assertions about Half-elves is that they are filthy and the sons/daughters/spawn of whores/bastards/sluts/cravens. This extends to female Half-Elves themselves who are similarly called whores. Less insulting names include half-breed, halfling or half-spawn.
Ivolethe implied that the existence of Half-Elves is what insults them, and alluded to the sin of the Half-Elf people. While Ceria had no idea which sin was meant, she understood the general meaning well enough.
Half-Elves are not liked by Dwarves. The majority of Dwarves (who are natives of Terandria as well) would not even travel with them.
- According to Ceria's grandfather, once—when everybody knew magic— all half-elves learned Tier 2 magic before they’d reached their teenage years.
- All species, mostly Humans, had this image that half-Elves are eternally happy beings who loved to frolic in flowers and hug trees, not knowing that most half-Elves don’t even like nature that much. There exists also the stereotype that they eat bugs. Ceria Springwalker is a bit of a living example of both stereotypes, much to her own chagrin.
- During her Wistram Days, Ceria Springwalker mentally mused that Half-Elves don’t have red hair. However, Falene Skystrall, another Half-Elf, is shown to have light red hair. It is unknown if this statement was due to Ceria's ignorance or if Falene dyes her hair. 
- For reasons not yet stated, Skinner hadn't been interested in taking the skin of Ceria, and possibly Half-Elves in general. It is not known if the same goes for all flesh worms.
- During the Twilight of Magic, the Half-Elven dominion had been overthrown.
- ↑ Chapter 2.17
- ↑ Chapter 2.32 H
- ↑ Chapter 7.26
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Chapter 3.07 H
- ↑ Chapter 7.35 C
- ↑ S03 – Wistram Days (Pt.1)
- ↑ Chapter 1.41
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Chapter 2.20
- ↑ Chapter 2.23
- ↑ Chapter 2.19
- ↑ S03 – Wistram Days (Pt.4)
- ↑ Chapter 7.18 M
- ↑ Chapter 2.05
- ↑ Chapter 3.09
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Chapter 4.45
- ↑ Chapter 1.34
- ↑ Chapter 2.19
- ↑ Wistram Days (Pt. 6)
- ↑ Chapter 1.02 H
- ↑ Interlude-Krshia