He appears as a large, six-pack, muscular, anthropomorphic rabbit, with two long, floppy ears, stuck out over his head, a fuzzy tail and light brown fur with dark spots, including one over his eye. He has brown eyes, a pink nose and furry paws like hands and feet, with five fingers on his hands and four toes on his huge feet.
He is clothed in loose clothing with a shirt, pants and leather coverings over his feet.
Hawk is good-natured, and takes pride in his skills as a courier. Due to his enhanced hearing, he dislikes loud noises, and thinks poorly of people who make lots of noise. He has to use soundproofing spells in order to sleep. He is also pragmatic. Hawk is not the kind of courier that likes to go charging into danger recklessly.
He is attracted to female drakes, however the different diets has caused numerous problems in his dating life - Drakes tend to dislike vegetables, and Hawk doesn't like eating much meat. Selys dated him once, for two weeks, before dumping him as a result of his excess usage of carrot-based meals.
His biological parents still occasionally visit him.
Hawk introduced himself to Erin as she made hamburgers on Liscor's Market Street. He was at the impromptu iPhone concert of Erin and Ryoka and scored some Drake tail later. The next morning, he gave some advice to Ryoka about running south.
Hawk was present for Erin's Christmas party at the Wandering Inn. While at this party it was revealed that he had a passing friendship with some of the members of Griffin Hunt.
Erin and Zel Shivertail got Hawk to deliver one of the stones linked to Erin's magical door down to Pallass. Before he could complete the delivery though, he encountered a victim of the Goblin Lord and helped report the incoming attack by the Goblin Lord's Army. He continued to do other deliveries around Izril at one point delivering a message that had come in from overseas to First Landing which he then brought to Olesm in Liscor.
It took Hawk four days to get to Pallass. There, he heard about General Zel Shivertail's death and also found a spot and set up a connection to the magical door in an alley. It took him some time, but he figured out how to activate the stone that Pisces gave him and established the doorway to the Wandering Inn. Once the doorway was set up, Ilvriss, Erin, and Hawk got temporarily stranded in Pallass. After a brief diplomatic incident, Erin shut down the door so the Pallasians would not confiscate it. Hawk was accidentally left behind during this, so he had to run back.
Powers and Abilities
As a veteran [Courier], he is able to travel over a hundred miles per day.
Hawk is trying to become a [Chef], and thus may have some cooking levels.
- [Courier] Lv. ?
- [Physical Overdrive]
- [Steelbreaker Punch]
- He'd have preferred if his parents named him Hakss instead of Hawk.
- His usual delivery routes are around 1,000 miles long, sometimes even up to 2,000 miles.
- He loves carrots.
- (To Erin) “You’re Erin? Nice to meet you. I’m Hawk.”
- (To Ryoka & Val) “Oh come on! Do you think I’d be into fleshy people like you? I’d rather kiss a Minotaur first. At least they have something covering them! Furballs, you humans are so touchy.”
- (To Olesm & Pisces) “Cool. That’s great, Olesm. Glad I decided to deliver it. Hey, do you know anything about those Goblins in Erin’s inn? I nearly kicked one when I came through the door. Hello? Guys?”
- (To Erin & Ilvriss) “Right. Well. Miss Solstice, Wall Lord, welcome to Pallass, north-most of the Walled Cities.
- (To himself) “No one pays me enough for this job.”
- (To himself) “Screw the Runner’s Guild regulations. I’m charging them triple for this.”
- (To Selys) “Thanks. I’ve got better ones. Ancestors, this is the second time I’ve had to defend Liscor in months! First the undead, now this!”
- (To Selys) “Yes you were. You said ‘P’. You mean, Pisces.”
- (To Selys) “It’s always Pisces this, Pisces can do that. I’m sorry I don’t animate the dead, Selys.”