How you perform the act of formatting text depends largely on the editor you choose to use. Nevertheless, the process is largely the same the rich text editor and VisualEditor — both of which have pictographic editing tools.
Formatting with either of the visual editors
- Once you click the edit button and enter the editor, you will see this toolbar on top of the page.
- Highlight the text you wish to modify with your cursor, and then choose:
Beyond the basics
As you can see from the above images, there are many more buttons than we've mentioned. You can perform all sorts of formatting, much of which has been demonstrated on this page. Since formatting in Fandom's visual editors is largely a matter of highlighting text and pushing one of the buttons, take some time to explore the interfaces. You'll easily learn how to perform formatting much more advanced than italics and bolding.
- Some practical examples of what formatted text looks like
- How to link text
- Instructions about creating a new page
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience