He’s very arrogant, which becomes noticeable when one looks at the way he lifts his chin, and the way he moves. He even looks at everyone around him as if they’re less important.
Volume 2 Edit
He was first seen in the Blood Fields, fighting with his soldiers against the army of the Trisstral Alliance, led by Zel Shivertail. On the day when he first met Ryoka Griffin, he was distracted by the City Runner and subsequently ambushed by Zel. He sent his aide Periss after Ryoka and was caught unprepared for Periss' demise by an unknown enemy shortly thereafter. Again, this distracted him in his duel against Zel, and he lost the duel and the battle.
He surrendered to Zel who then force-marched north after Ryoka, only to encounter the emerging Goblin Lord. Ilvriss and his remaining soldiers fought on Zel's side in that battle. Afterwards, Zel and Ilvriss traveled to some Drake City where Wall Lords from several Walled Cities were assembled for arbitration.
Volume 3 Edit
Volume 4 Edit
Powers and Abilities Edit
- [Lord] Lv. ? (below 40)
Ilvriss does not have a [Dangersense] ability.
- An amulet that can locate a target in a radius of about ten feet.
- Several Magical Rings:
- His surname was revealed in Ch 5.01.
- When he was Olesm's age, Ilvriss hadn’t even reached Level 20.
- Zel is a higher leveled warrior than Ilvriss.
Volume 2 Edit
- (To Ryoka) “A [Lord] can detect falsehoods as well as any other class, Human. I know you are speaking the truth, but it does not change the fact that you are here.”
- (To Ryoka) “Smell is hardly one of the things I fear. Any scent can be easily erased by magic.”
- (To Zel) “Surrender, Shivertail. This is too small a place for you to die. Once your Alliance surrenders you will be released.”
Volume 4 Edit
- (To Zel) “I have more faith in my own kind than I do in others, Shivertail.”
- (To Erin) “Bow, Human worm!”
- (To Erin) “So those are the Goblins. Hmf. I can see why this inn is abandoned. Tell me, Human. Are you insane, or just odd as Shivertail claims?”
- (To Erin) “It was my weakness that allowed Regrika Blackpaw and the traitor with her to escape. That they slew a Gold-rank adventurer…this was my fault and I apologize to you for it.”
- (To Erin) “It is amazing how your crude Human expressions come so close to the truth.”
- (To Erin) “Is your inn always like this, Human?”
Volume 5 Edit
- (To Pallassian Soldiers) “I am Ilvriss Gemscale, Wall Lord Ilvriss of Salazsar! Lower your weapons now!”
- (To Pallassian Soldiers) “Unacceptable! I, surrender? Put up your blades, soldiers of Pallass! Or if you intend to strike, strike true, because you won’t have a second chance. If it is war your city wants, mine will happily paint your walls red over my death!”
- (To himself) “Well, it’s not that inaccurate…ridiculous having a Human play me…hah, but Pallass’ ineptitude is well conveyed. Can we record this? Where’s my scrying orb?”
- (To himself) “Well said. Well said. And I believe I did speak something to that effect.”
- (To Osthia) “This secret is our only advantage. We will make him pay. I swear it. But we must trap him. Come.”
Volume 6 Edit
- (To Erin) “A debt is a debt. And a true Drake pays their debts.”
- (To Erin) “Come to Salazsar. Come to the Walled Cities. Go to Pallass first so your expectations are suitably low, but visit them all. The north will wait. Visit my home, Miss Solstice. You will be welcome to visit my estates. That is an invitation I offer to very few.”
- (To Osthia) “I don’t know. But I imagine that’s why she’s an asset. No one knows what she’ll do next.”
- (To Zail) “I gave it to someone who did me a great service. Who…is unique. In her own way. Who may need it more than I. It was a gesture of respect.”
- (To Zail) “I am a Lord of the Wall and a son of Salazsar. The walls of my city be my oath; my loyalty has never wavered! For Salazsar, I would bleed every drop of my blood dry! The walls stand!”
Volume 7 Edit
- (To Alrric) “I saw my love die, and the Tidebreaker die hundreds of miles from the nearest Drake army. I met an idiot, and I quit drinking.”
Chapter Appearances Edit