Lizardfolk are humanoid Lizards and one of the Races of Innworld.
Lizardfolk are bipedal and take on the appearance of walking lizards. They superficially resembles Drakes, however Lizardfolk are more colorful and have neck frills.
Physical Qualities Edit
By and large, Lizardfolk are carnivorous. As such they prefer to eat undercooked meat.
Magical Qualities Edit
To an extent, Lizardfolk are a race naturally inclined towards magic.
Special Abilities Edit
Some of the Lizardfolk can breathe underwater.
By fulfilling certain unknown conditions, the Lizardfolk can evolve into a new subtypes forms. Unlike Goblins, who have just the possibility to become Hobogoblins, Lizardfolk have numerous evolution paths. Unfortunately, most Lizardfolk don't evolve at all. The majority that do become Nagas, Gorgons or Lamias, which are the most common. Still that is not the end though. After having gained a new form, it is possible to change even further. For instance, the Lamias could become Star Lamias. It’s very complex and some people think they all belong to different species, which is not the case.
Known Evolutionary Subtypes: Edit
- Nagas: Small, but very strong. Also the kind of form the Lizardfolk turn into most of the time if they don’t have a set path.
- Gorgons: Huge, strong and tough. A perfect form for fighters.
- Lamia: Smaller then Nagas, but they have larger brains. Common for [Mages] and other intellectuals.
- Star Lamia: A Lamia secondary evolutionary form.
- Quexal: One of the rare possible forms. They are the fastest of the Lizardfolk evolutions, bar none. They can jump and even glide depending on the circumstances.
- Medusa: One of the rare possible forms. While not as smart as Lamias, they are close, and even if not as strong and tough as Gorgons or even Nagas, they can heal and see trough their hair-snakes. They are also solitary.
Behavior and Culture Edit
The Lizardfolk live usually near water.
While Drakes strongly dislike it if someone mistakes them with the Lizardfolk and they don't see them favourably at all, the Lizardfolk seem to be rather nonchalant about it, showing that the feud is more one-sided.