Lyon's personality has changed dramatically over the course of the story. At the beginning, she was overly dramatic, lazy, spoiled and rude. She has no qualms stealing from 'peasants.'
Since being taken in by Erin though, she's slightly more inclined to work, for the sake of leveling. Although she dislikes the [Barmaid] class because it is a class used by peasants, she loves leveling.
By the Spring of 23 A.F., Lyonette has become happy as a helper in the inn, being able to manage day-to-day tasks and make proper decisions. She loses her [Princess] class as a result of this realization, but gains the class [Worldly Princess] instead.
Feeling useless at her home in Terandria, she ran away and booked a passage to Izril. After having arrived there, she had to escape from various monsters and with no food or money had to struggle not to starve to death.
Lyonette came to Liscor with one of the caravans, though probably without their knowledge, that traveled there after having heard about the new discovered dungeon. As she had no money, she stole food and clothes, with the assistance of her magical artifacts, in order to survive. Eventually, Krshia and several other Gnoll merchants used Krshia's stall to bait her. Although they succeeded in catching her, it also resulted in the destruction of Krshia's stall, and more importantly, in the destruction of various spellbooks that were collected by the Silverfang Tribe, ruining their work of the last decade.
As Liscor's Watch was wary of executing a possibly noble-born or the child of an important figure. As a result, the child was exiled from Liscor without any proper resources.
Selys, a friend of Erin, struck a bargain with Pisces. In exchange for notifying Erin of the Princess' situation, Selys will make Pisces a Bronze-Ranked Adventurer. Erin saved Lyon and subsequently hired her for the Wandering Inn. Initially, she is placed under Toren's tutelage.
When Erin is stranded in Celum, Lyonette is forced to manage the inn, take care of Mrsha, and provide for herself on her own. She is helped by Pawn and Olesm while alone. Zel Shivertail begins staying at the inn during this period and has Lyonette's exile revoked.
When Erin returns she is dismissive of Lyonette's achievements, but Zel confronts her and forces her to recognize how Lyonette has changed and adapted.
When Erin hires Safry and Maran, human [Barmaids] from Celum, they bully Lyonette due to their higher levels in the [Barmaid] class, and upset her with to their laziness and racism towards non-humans. Lyonette informs Erin, and Erin fires them after they push Mrsha. When Erin wishes Toren was back, Lyonette yells at Erin, telling her the degree to which Toren abused her, and venting her anger at not being trusted or listened to even after she changed. After Erin and Lyonette reconcile, Lyonette begins taking on a greater level of responsibility in the inn, managing the money and much of the logisitics.
She remains out of the spotlight for the next few arcs of the story, primarily managing the mundane day-to-day affairs of the inn and raising Mrsha.
When being training in basic sword fighting by Brunkr, he confides in her that he dreams of being a [Knight], but that as a Gnoll it is difficult for him to attain the class. When she thinks that no one is listening, Lyonette turns away and knights him with a whisper. However, she underestimates how good Gnollish hearing is, and Brunkr, Ishkr, and Mrsha all end up hearing her knight him. Brunkr gains the class the next day, and both he and Krshia are thankful to Lyonette. After Brunkr's death, Lyonette upgrades Krshia's [Shopkeeper] class to [Royal Shopkeeper], starting a friendship between the two.
Later, after leveling in a variety of classes and getting used to life in the inn, she stops thinking of herself as a princess and loses the class, which she is heartbroken. Pawn discovers this and organizes a ball to get Lyonette her [Princess] class back. She is initially against the idea but eventually acquiesces, and after reconciling her other classes with being a [Princess], regains her princess class and consolidates all her other classes into the upgraded class [Worldly Princess].
When Mrsha is abducted by the Raskghar, Lyonette joins the final assault on the Raskghar camp to rescue her, using her [Flawless Attempt] skill to wound Nokha.
Some time after the Siege of Liscor, Lyonette approaches Watch Captain Zevara to buy back her confiscated artifacts, impressing her with her bearing and understand of Drake law. She begins paying back the debt to the city for the property she destroyed using her earnings alone.
When the Wistram team arrives in Liscor, Lyonette convinces Erin that she cannot afford to stubbornly stand alone and never give concessions when dealing with the world's power players, leading to her taking the deal offered by Palt's faction.
After the inn is destroyed in the Creler attack, Lyonette designs and organizes the construction of the new inn, making it significantly larger and effectively a fortress.
Afterward, outside of managing the inn, Lyonette was largely been spending her free time teaching Mrsha, engaging in a relationship with Pawn, and occasionally meeting up with the two friends she has made in Liscor, Krshia and Zevara.
After Magnolia, Pryde and Wuvren came to the inn and used their auras to suppress Erin, Lyonette began helping Erin train her aura usage. When Maviola visited the inn soon after, she and Lyonette both recognized the other for what they truly were, and became friends. When Maviola began teaching Erin aura usage, she remarked that Lyonette was a prodigy, reaching a higher level as a Princess at her age than most princesses do in a lifetime.
Powers and Abilities Edit
- [Worldly Princess] Lv. 20
- Derived from [Princess] Lv. 6
- Classes Consolidated to [Worldly Princess] Level 11:
- [Princess] Lv. 6
- [Barmaid] Lv. 15
- [Beast Tamer] Lv. 5
- [Carer] Lv. 8
- [Tactician] Lv. 2
- [Warrior] Lv. 4
- [Balanced Posture]
- [Basic Cleaning]
- [Basic Cooking]
- [Basic Crafting]
- [Basic Footwork]
- [Basic Leadership]
- [Basic Negotiator]
- [Boon of the Princess]
- [Calming Touch]
- [Charming Smile]
- [Detect Poison]
- [Flawless Attempt]
- [Healthy Rearing]
- [Imperial Aura]
- [Lesser Bond]
- [Lesser Intuition]
- [Lesser Stamina]
- [Lesser Strength]
- [Magnified Training]
- [Royal Tax]
- [Weapon Proficiency: Sword]
Apista Skills: Edit
Skills that apply only to Apista.
- [Agile Flier]
- [Basic Training]
- [Crimson Stinger]
- [Enhanced Intelligence]
- [Razorwind] (partially learned)
(For Leveling History see Here)
- Lyonette is the third daughter in her family.
- Despite being two years younger than Erin, she is a bit taller than her.
- While sheinitially appeared ] in Ch 1.31, it took around 55 chapters for her identity to be finally revealed in Ch 2.21.
- She was revealed to be a [Princess] in Ch 1.33
- She is distantly related to Magnolia Reinhart.
- Before she had started leveling in her new classes, four years went by without her having gained a single level, resulting in her almost forgetting the feeling of doing so. Therefore, she cherishes every level she now gains, no matter how insignificant the class might be.
- She loves dogs. And Gnolls!
- Being a [Princess], even if a low leveled one, Lyonette is permitted to grant individuals unique classes.
- Her family believes that by gaining classes that are completely unfitting to royals, such as Lyonette's [Barmaid] classs, one sullies their position. Especially her mother seems to be of that opinion, hating letting the princes even take [Knight] and [Commander] classes.
- When she was still thieving in Liscor, Lyon owned the Cloak of Balshadow, several emerald rings capable of at least shooting a spider web (possibly [Sticky Webbing]), and throwing a fireball strong enough to destroy low-enchanted magical tomes.
- Lyon is expected to pay 47 gold coins of her own volition for the damages she caused (that excludes the destruction of the Krshia's shops and the spellbooks).
- Back in Terandria, the nobles that do not know that she is a runaway are gossiping that she has refused every single suitor, except for partaking in the most removed of dances. They speculated that she has a serious suitor, or is afflicted with some kind of disease.