Magnolia is neither tall nor thin. She is not, by her own admission, a dashing beauty, although she is quite pretty. Despite that, she has a big presence.
She has curly blonde hair, wears bright clothing, and expensive jewelry.
Lady Magnolia is a happy woman almost all of the time. That said, she is actually deliberately happy and good natured, because people like a happy person, therefore are more likely to lower their guards when talking to one.
Magnolia has a preference towards the color pink. At least one of her rooms is pink, her dresses tend to be pink, and even her carriage is frightfully pink. It was said that [Bandits] and other criminals can't even bear to attack the carriage because of the color.
In their childhood, Magnolia was an extremely wild child, as her good childhood friend Ressa (who was just as bad) is always ready to remind her. Ressa would later be employed by Magnolia as her extremely skilled [Head Maid]. Magnolia already knew Teriarch when she was still a girl, thirty or forty years back if Teriarch's memory serves him right. They didn't lose contact when she became older, but she kept the secret of his existence secret. Magnolia learned to play chess when she was sixteen and has been playing regularly with at least one good opponent since then.
Magnolia was 18 when she participated in the First Antinium War after learning of the threat, together with Tyrion Veltras who didn't take the Antinium invasion as seriously as she. She could assemble an army of 160,000 to deal with the incursion. As one of the foremost scion of her influential family, she had seized the power over her noble house from the other members of her family, in a coup that went unbloody. She then hired both masses of soldiers and every mid- and high-level adventurer available; she was present during the fighting that ended the Antinium Siege on Liscor; and she was acting as a buffer between Human and Drake commanders who frequently disagreed on key issues. However, she then returned back to the north and only participated in the war as a diplomat from then on.
In the Second Antinium War, she participated in the Sacrifice of Roses, then participated in battles against [Goblin King] Velan with 100,000 soldiers, her Battle Golems and the Crown of Flowers. She continued to provide powerful artifacts in the war against the goblins and later linked up with Niers Astoragon who had ventured to Izril to help in the war as well Still, for all her participation in wars, Reinhart had never bothered herself with assembling a staff to handle military matters, or learn the basics of these issues herself. Instead, she specialized in governing, ruling, economy and infrastructure.
Magnolia was residing in her Celum mansion when Ryoka Griffin arrived. This was probably to be closer to Teriarch who had woken up shortly before that. Magnolia noticed the extraordinary young Runner and put quite some stress on the girl so that she could learn about her secrets. However, Ryoka eluded her inquiries repeatedly, even when Magnolia pressured her via the Runner's Guild, let the [Assassin] Theofore surveillance her and even let Teriarch scry the girl for her. While Volume 1 established her as a powerful main character and antagonist in Ryoka's storyline, the full extent of her influence was only revealed later.
Magnolia found out about Earth when she picked up eight Earthworlders, among them Joseph, Rose and Imani. She brought them to her Invrisil mansion where she also went when winter started. She also invited Erin to there with intention of keeping her, but sent her back to Liscor when Erin refused to stay and made it believable to Magnolia that she would not be a negative influence on the [Lady's] schemes.
It was then revealed that Magnolia is keeping tabs on all major players in Izril and the overall political situation, among them the Antinium Hives (she knew that the Grand Queen had sent a delegation to Liscor); the Goblin Lord and Goblin movements in general; the activities of Tyrion Veltras and Zel Shivertail. Her combat assets included 2000 people with levels above 20; 600 of them above 30; as well as 8 Gold-rank teams and 6 Named Adventurers; not to mention at least 350 irregular units. She was for a long time already trying to hire Niers Astoragon.
Powers and Abilities
Lady Magnolia's influence is so vast that at her word every garrison of every major city in the north would mobilize to back her if she so ordered.
Her Skills as a [Lady] come with some restrictions. They won't work unless Magnolia is sufficiently ladylike. As a result, she may not, for instance, wear armor, not even on a battlefield, at least not if she wishes to make use of her Skills. That doesn't go for all [Ladies], however, as Bethal isn't so limited in that regard.
- [Lady] Lv. ?
- [Aegis of Grace]
- [Charming Demeanor]
- [Deft Hand]
- [Insult to Injury]
- [Polite Deflection]
- [Sense Intentions]
- [Trade War]
- [Written Decree]
- A monocle that allows her to read [Skills] and [Levels], unless they are concealed.
- A short range teleportation ring.
- A ring that shoots a thin crimson light, that expands to a beam of burning air, engulfing the target in a column of fire and then explode, leaving nothing but a crater of black, smoking ash.
- A magical pink carriage that is said to be the fastest means of traveling outside of teleportation in all of Izril. It has been repaired once by Teriarch and then shortly replaced after being destroyed in an ambush.
- A Ring of Protection given to her by Teriarch that prevents any form of damage while it still has mana, capable of stopping a literal head snap from killing her.
- A ring that she uses to communicate with Teriarch.
- She loves sweet treats and drinks.
- She hates mysteries.
- At her sixteenth birthday, she received 10 massive suits of plate armor Golems, as a present.
- She hates the Reinhart Estate in First Landing.
- Magnolia's mansion is located in close vicinity to Invrisil, to which she always travels to for the winter while spending only a couple of months in Celum.
- Lady Magnolia is on a short list of names one has to memorize no matter where one lives in the world, showing how far her influence reaches.
- Mangolia once swore she'd never go back to her family's estate in First Landing again unless she were dragged kicking and screaming.
- Her mother died at some point in the past.
- Magnolia has 4 sisters who seemingly scream like banshees. It is safe to say that Magnolia dislikes them. Furthermore, she seems to have also brothers, though the number is not known.
- Magnolia dislikes [Emperors]. Every one she had met had a few nasty tricks up their sleeves. More importantly, she is in a disadvantage when having to deal with them, due to their classes being placed higher in the hierachy. (It might be similar to what Reynold experienced when he met Laken, although probably not as extreme.) As a result, she prefers to avoid standing in their near vicinity. She had especially a bad experience with the Emperor of Sands.
- Magnolia houses cats in her mansion, as she's able to tolerate them about as much as they tolerate her. While her staff found it difficult to ascertain exactly how many cats she had, it was finally revealed that there were 18 cats in total.
- Chapter 7.25
- Chapter 4.47
- Chapter 1.02 R
- Chapter 1.10 R
- Chapter 2.37
- Chapter 1.05 R
- Chapter 4.06 KM
- Interlude 3
- Chapter 2.12
- Chapter 2.38
- Timeline.txt. Considering this Timeline, Magnolia would be around 43 now.
- S02: The Antinium Wars, Pt. 1
- S02: The Antinium Wars, Pt. 2
- S02: The Antinium Wars, Pt. 3
- S02: The Antinium Wars, Pt. 4
- S02: The Antinium Wars, Pt. 5
- Chapter 4.44 M
- Chapter 6.45 E
- Chapter 6.45 E
- Interlude 1.00 R, Chapters 1.02-1.10 R
- Chapter 2.23
- Chapter 3.10
- Chapter 4.48
- Chapter 3.14
- Chapter 3.35
- Chapter 4.26 M
- Chapter 4.44 M
- Interlude – A Meeting of [Druids]