Nawalishifra Tannousin, or simply Nawal, is a member of the Tannousin Clansmen and a high-level [Blacksmith] capable of forging Naq-Alrama steel.
She is a young woman with dark skin and wears a veil.
Nawal is prideful and prickly. She has a hierarchal mindset, acting haughty to those whom she perceives as inferior, while she kowtows to her social superiors. However, she possesses a true soul of a craftsperson and takes great pride in her work and clan.
TBA From Interlude - Flos
TBA From Chapter 6.12 K
TBA From Chapter 6.13 K
TBA From Chapter 6.14 K
TBA From Chapter 6.54 K
TBA From Chapter 7.10 K
TBA From Chapter 7.46 K
TBA From Chapter 8.26 FK
After the Djinni attack, Nawal would refuse to talk with anyone like Teresa, and spent all her time by the anvil, swinging her hammer and making superlative blades of steel, even if her hands turn raw and bloody.
TBA From Chapter 8.61
TBA From Chapter 8.63 K
TBA From Chapter 8.64 K
TBA From Chapter 8.65
Powers and Abilities
- [Forgiven Magic Smith] Lv. ?
- [Fallen Smith]
- Derived from [Peerless Magic Smith] Lv. ? (30+)
- [Vow of the Bladeless Smith]
- ??? - Allows the User to do intensive smithing while holding their breath for a prolonged period
- (To Trey) “We used to sell swords. The finest blades you will ever see, my word on it! Don’t back away, you milk-skinned fool, you! Come and see true metal, if only once in your lifetime!”
- (To Redif) “I have renounced him three times. He is dead to my clan and I, and no longer of our blood. Any contract he signs is dust.”
- (To Gabrielle) “I am. Though I may be a woman, I am the only successor to my father’s craft, master that he was. I can forge true blades of Naq-Alrama steel, woman-touched though they may be!”
- (To Gabrielle) “Lead me to your master, foreign warrior! Pay my cost and I will forge your master a blade sharper and finer than any he has laid eyes on in his life! My oath on it! I swear it on the body of the man-who-was-my-brother, cursed be his name!”
- (Mostly to Daiton) “Trey Atwood. Deliver a message to Master Daiton. Tell him he should melt down his hammer and use it for scrap metal where it would do some good. Or cut off his hands and live with the goats, old fool that he is for thinking he produces fine craftsmanship. I have seen better swords rusting in the sands, young though I am. I spit on the idea that he is a master smith worthy of working in the King of Destruction’s forges!”
- (To herself) “I wish you were here, Trey Atwood. To make sense of it. At least I would not need to lie to you.”
- (To herself) “I am Tannousin. I was born to make something beautiful. Something worth far more than I. My clan is dying. My father lies dead. I have killed my brother.”
- (Declaring Vow) “Until I find something better. Until I find a meaning or metal worth putting an edge towards, for strife or something that matters more…I, Nawalishifra of Chandrar, will forge no more blades. There must be something more to my class than this.”