He was among the first drakes to notice Erin's worth despite her race. This was due to her skills in chess, and he often visited The Wandering Inn to play a few rounds with her.
Olesm was not angry at losing his rank as Liscor's best chess player - rather, he was quite impressed to find someone as good as Erin, and had no problems admitting it. When Valceif arrived looking for 'the best chess player in the city,' Olesm immediately deferred to Erin.
Powers and Abilities Edit
- [Strategist] Lv. 30 (derived from [Tactician])
- [Attack Formation]
- [Rallying Presence]
- [Rapid Retreat]
- [Vigor of Champions]
(For Leveling History see Here)
- A Pad of tightly bound pieces of paper.
- An Enchanted Quill that drew ink from a pot without needing to dip it.
- Ring of Sight.
- His surname was revealed in Chapter 1.24.
- Olesm was a Level 22 [Tactician] when he was first introduced..
- Has a crush on Erin and Ceria.
- He likes Wine.
- The fear his [Dangersense] made him feel when Skinner left his residence was even higher compared to the one he felt as child when The [Necromancer] attacked.
- Prior to Erin's arrival, he was the highest-ranking chess player in Liscor. This had led to Valceif Godfrey mistakenly assuming that his delivery was supposed to be sent to Olesm, rather than Erin.
- Zevara, captain of the Liscorian Watch, is romantically interested in Olesm. It is implied that Olesm is aware of her feelings, as he seemed exceptionally awkward when she visited The Wandering Inn the day after he slept with Ceria Springwalker.
- (To Erin) “I may not be a good fighter, but my skills should help quite a bit. Believe me, I will come back better than ever. And perhaps then I’ll win a game against you.”
- (To Ceria) “Oh. She’s the crazy violent Runner girl you told me about? The one with no levels?”
- (To Erin) “Why does everything you make have the word ‘cheese’ in it? Cheeseburgers, cheese steaks…I mean, cheese isn’t the main part of it, so why…?”
- (To Zevara) “Well if she is, it’s a good kind of insane. If Erin gets support from Celum and Liscor, then even Pallass will have to acknowledge those Hobs aren’t a threat.”
- (To Ilvriss) “Erin. She killed Skinner. And I believe she’s the best chess player in this world. Better than Niers Astoragon. She saved me from Liscor’s crypt. I’m going.”
- (To Laskaillia) “No, I think the report’s out there. They can make what they want of it. If they hail you, please tell them I’m off duty. Or dead. Thank you so much, Miss Laskaillia.”
- (To Errif) “I said, shut up! That is an order! I outrank you, you stupid furry idiot!”
- (To Pallassian) “I am the Strategist of Liscor and my city is in danger! When I give orders, only a Watch Captain or a [General] can challenge me! I outrank you. I outrank a Lord of the Wall and the entire damn Assembly of Crafts at this moment!”
- (To Errif) “This isn’t a matter of politics. This isn’t about whether Liscor will win or lose a battle. This is about duty. About law! When a city calls for aid, other cities answer! And if you or anyone else gets in the way of the chain of command, I. Will. Arrest. You.”
- (To all Walled Cities) “I am the [Strategist] of Liscor and I am calling for reinforcements! Give me your best or hide behind your walls like cowards but we will be in Liscor, holding the line! If we have to defend Liscor by ourselves, we will! True Drakes do not run!”
- (To Zevara) “They let us have it. If they wanted to keep it, I think they could have hidden it quite easily. They’re not the criminals here, Watch Captain. I’ll stake my tail on it.”
Chapter Appearances Edit