The Order of Seasons is a [Knight] Order from Terandria.
The Order of Seasons is a [Knighthood] of four distinct chapters, one dedicated to each season. Their ranks are vast and their deeds famous in history. There is a general theme with each chapter, and [Knights] may pass from one season into the other, mostly in the order of the seasons.
- [Spring Knights] wear shades of bright green, yellow and blue. They are the most plentiful chapter of the Order, being mostly comprised of new [Knights], full of energy and drive.
- [Summer Knights] wear shades of yellow-gold, red and orange. They are knights in their full glory, battle-tempered and in control of their aura skills. They are at the pinnacle of martial prowess and regularly crusade on other continents, battling evil.
- [Autumn Knights] wear shades of red, purple and silver. They represent a lower level of combat skill in favor of pursuing scholarly projects or magic.
- [Winter Knights] wear grey and pale blue. They are often senior knights, and pursue their goals alone, solitary and independently. They form the smallest branch of the order.
These characterizations are generalizations: There are sometimes junior [Knights] first inducted into the winter season, as there are veteran [Knights] in the spring branch.
Seat of the Order Edit
The fortress-grounds of the Order are scrupulously maintained and the place where [Squires] receive education, and [Knights] can train. It is always populated by at least 2000 Seasonal [Knights], not counting other classes.
There are places dedicated or owned by specific seasons, but also general courtyards. The Fortress is adorned with frescos of heroes of old, and with ceremonial armors, some decorated in outdated fashions or pierced where their wearers had died.
The gardens claimed by Spring are kept in full bloom.
The Court of Summer is bright and fiery and a color scheme of . It sports huge, everburning braziers and colorful flagstones, and shall never grow cold.
Corridors that are dedicated to Autumn are done with tinted glass, creating shadows and a quieter, fall ambiance. They are also in charge of the libraries.
The headquarters is located in Terandria, east and south on the continent, near Kallinad lands. They own the vast forests around that fortress, since the half-Elven empire that previously from the heart of this forest is long gone. The forests stretch from the untamed cavernous hills where Goblins and other monsters still thrive (supposedly more on the northwest), to a rockier terrain that leads to the coastal cliffs of Terandria.
The seat of the Order of Seasons can be reached from the following locations within...
- 10 days, by ship from Daquin on Baleros and unknown skills
- 6 days, by horse and best usage of Skills from Taimaguros
- 3 days, by griffin and no skills, from Kaliv
The Order of Seasons has an ancient history.
29 [Knights] of Summer and Spring went towards Riverfarm in a crusade against Belavierr; first Ser Raim, then followed by eight [Summer Knights] and twenty [Spring Knights]. Six Knights of Summer and thirteen of Spring survived the battle against Belavierr and her summons. Afterwards, they had to retreat with nonmagical means. On the long journey, Talia and her fellow knights met the Goblin Slayer and fought against Ogres together.
While seniority is an important concept in the knighthood, all Knights are considered equal. Nevertheless, there is a well-founded hierarchy in the Order: The head of the Order is Knight-Commander Calirn. Placed below him are Grandmasters for each Season. Three of these grandmasters have titles that designate them as mentors to their season, while the Summer’s Champion has a title that places him at frontline.
Spring Knights Edit
- Spring’s Warden
Summer Knights Edit
- Summer’s Champion
Autumn Knights Edit
- Fall’s Sentinel
Winter Knights Edit
Currently unknown seasons Edit
The following [Knights] were either of spring or summer. They participated in the crusade towards Riverfarm and were among the nine [Knights] killed by Undead or Cloth Creatures, probably the most prominent ones:Dame Essa, Ser Valliad, Ser Zahil, Ser Pitres.
The following [Knights] are either of spring or summer. They participated in the crusade towards Riverfarm, then rode back towards a harbour to reach Terandria as soon as possible. That group consists of six [Summer Knights]and thirteen [Spring Knights]. The seasons of Ser Welte and Ser Aldon are unknown.
- The Order of the Autumn is able to weave a Tier 7 or 8 spell (called a grand ritual) to create a portal from the Seasonal Headquarters directly to Riverfarm, across an ocean and many thousand miles.