Appearance[edit | edit source]
He is an old man with pale grey-silver eyes and hair.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
As the ruler of the last surviving human nation in Rhir, Othius the Fourth continues a thousands of years long war against monster tribes and demons. While other nations send their own armies to support him, his people have never known peace and the war is slowly and steadily being lost.
This led him to attempt building a Fifth Wall, in order to expand his lands and constrict the access the demons and monsters had.
The Blighted King has survived one closed companion to whom he wasn't actually married. The second Blighted Queen died at some point after giving birth to his elder daughter and current Crown Princess, Isodore. Later, the Blighted King married the current Blighted Queen with whom he had Erille, his younger daughter.
The Blighted King has Nereshal, the court's [Chronomancer], cast a spell to prolong his life. How this works and how long it has been going on, has not been mentioned, but [Lady] Zekyria claimed this spell would "halt the aging", cannot be cast on many individuals, and has been used to keep the [King] himself and Nereshal alife for some longer time. Perhaps, this regimen also includes the Blighted Queen.
Chronology[edit | edit source]
To further his attempt on building the Fifth Wall, Othius had his mages conduct a ritual to summon legendary heroes from another time/place. For the sacrificial cost of about a thousand unborn children, he summoned the sixty Americans, who were all just level 1 [Heroes], and only about twenty survived their first confrontation with monsters and demons before Othius declared it a failed experiment and banned them to a underdeveloped border region.
Only when Richard, Emily and Tom neared level 30, did Othius reconsider his decision, invited them to his court again and reinstated them as Heroes, although most of the others had already lost the special class. Shortly thereafter, an Elite force of Demons was set loose in the Blighted King's fortress by the Fool who had been opposing the child sacrifices and wanted to depose the Blighted King, but was stopped by Tom.
- “Ten thousand. He wants an army this time. An army. He’d sacrifice so many for any edge. And if ten thousand doesn’t work, he’ll sacrifice a hundred thousand.” (Fool 1.05 C)
As a result, the Blighted King's plans could unfold, and he planned to scale up the sacrifices, planning to summon more Earthers and spending a million unborn children on them; which caused another delay when seven of his [High Mages] revolted against these orders. Laisa declared he "lost his mind".
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
He is noted to be one of the people who could overwhelm Flos' Kingdom in its current weakened stage. Although King Othius' skills are not yet known, it is said that if used, any one of his skills can change the course of a war.
Classes/Levels:[edit | edit source]
- [King] Lv. ? (around 60-70)
Skills:[edit | edit source]
- [Golden Rays of Rhir]
Equipment [edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- (To Americans) “So. The heroes of prophecy return. Diminished.”
- (To Emily, Richard) “We have been told that two of your number have reached Level 30. A commendable achievement in such a short time.”
- (To Americans) “But so many have been lost. We sent over sixty of you to do battle against the Demons. Now less than a third remain.”
- (To Americans) “One has reached Level 30 in three months. A [Knight] he stands, sworn against darkness. Yet no [Lord] or [Lady] has given him a title. Another, a [Mage] of water has taught herself. Miraculous feats, as our lady says.”
- (To Americans) “You will have a place in our halls, and your companions food and my protection so long as you hold back the scourge of darkness. But we have heard of one more. A champion who defended our people. A warrior who slew a Demon raiding party single-handed.”
- (To Tom) “Perform, [Clown]. Show the court the tricks of your profession. Make us laugh.”
- (To Nereshal) “So a tenth were given to Rhir. A waste of life, or so we felt. But now—we see. They are young, but they have the potential of slumbering Dragons in them.”
- (To Nereshal) “I dream of it, Nereshal. A day when I may walk past the walls and see no Demons, no Blight. Only green grass and clear skies.”