Potions are the result of Alchemy.
Potionmaking has been a somewhat detailed topic in some chapters.
Potions become stronger when brewed by high leveled [Alchemists]. For instance if Saliss makes a low-grade Potion of Barkskin, it’s strengthen effects would be close to a lesser Potion of Ironscales.
- 1 List of Potions
- 1.1 Healing Potion
- 1.2 Mana Potion
- 1.3 Sustenance Providing Potion
- 1.4 Breathing Potion
- 1.5 Youth Potion
- 1.6 Anti-Aging Potion
- 1.7 Invisibility Potion
- 1.8 Straight Orgasminium
- 1.9 Potion of Arrowshield
- 2 Other Potions
- 3 Trivia
- 4 References
List of Potions
- Accelerates the body natural healing ability, so that it heal wound in seconds instead of hours or days.
- There is a limit of how often a person can drink a healing potion and expecting it to treat his wounds. After the consumption of a couple ones, the body stops regenerating and makes said person very exhausting.
- Can't regenerate missing limbs, cure colds, or frostbites.
- Has the opposite effect on sickness and disease, as it makes them stronger and deadlier.
- Using it after a workout would restore the body to its previous state, thus negating any muscle build up.
- With over use and time, people bodies develop resistances to healing potions. Thus they no longer work perfectly.
- A Low-grade Healing Potion costs nearly a gold coin in Liscor. It seems to be similarly expensive in Celum.
- Healing Potions can come in many colors and qualities. However, the color itself is no indication of its quality.
- Infuse a body with Mana.
- Mana Poisoning (see: Mana)
Sustenance Providing Potion
The Sustenance Providing Potion is a rare acquisition that [Alchemists] may pay well for. It is not a common discovery in adventurer’s packs however, as adventurers generally fail to properly re-seal them. Unlike the majority of potions, Sustenance Providing Potions aren't usually consumed all at once, but in small dosages, and improperly sealing the potion between each usage likely leads to the loss of its magical properties.
Effects (High-quality potion):
- Drinking a small bit from it will forestall hunger for a day.
- Drinking the entire potion at once will provide sustenance for up to a month depending on the level of exertion.
- The user will find it difficult to imbibe any other foods in the meantime, although it is possible.
Breathing Potions are exactly what they sound like. The creation of such potions differ.
- Generally such potions have the efficacy to provide their users to hold their breath for two hours.
- Majority of the potions were made to be held in the mouth rather than swallowed.
- Swallowing such a potions may result in extreme indigestion. Explosive effects tend to ensue.
Also known as Potions of Temporary Youth.
- Makes the user younger for a limited amount of tine.
- The pending on the makers, the time limit can range from 1 day to a week.
- Hard to make even by high leveled [Alchemist].
- Costs a lot of Gold.
- One of the ingredients to make it are Wyvern Eyes Pupils.
Also known as Potions of Reverse Aging.
- Reverse the aging of the user.
- Extremely hard to make even by high leveled [Alchemist], and even then the best that they can do is to only reverse the aging of about 2 years.
- Makes the user Invisible for a limited amount of time.
- If split in several ways, it’ll just last a minute or two.
- While the cost is not known, it guarantied to always sells.
- The potion itself is invisible.
- One of the ingredients to make it is a huge amount of Ruby Dust.
- Makes the user orgasm.
- Taking a full dose may leave the user incapacitated into a blissful aftershock ride, for around 10 minutes.
- Many ingredients are used towards making this potion.
- Because of Saliss, the making of this potion is outlawed in the Walled Cities. Still, it is possible to make some, while teaching an apprentice the recipe.
- Arguably, the orgasm experience is better than most could the old-fashioned way.
Potion of Arrowshield
- Makes had a second ‘skin’ or shield that would deflect some arrows.
- It’s effects aren’t as great as it sound; if someone tried to walk through a volley of arrows they still get stuck, just less.
- Blast Vial
- Bark Potion (Costs 17 gold coins in Liscor)
- Barkskin Potion
- Bat’s Ear Potion
- Blademaster Draughts
- Clear-Mind Tonic
- Draught of Giant’s Strength
- Featherfall Potion
- Fertility Potion
- [Haste] Potion
- Ironhide Potion
- Luck Potion
- NeutraIgnition Potionlizing Potion
- Overdrive Formula
- Pepper Potion
- Potion of Blaze
- Potion of Complete Purge
- Potion of Dispel
- Potion of Eagle’s Eye
- Potion of Fireblast
- Potion of Firespark Blast
- Potion of [Greater Invisibility]
- Potion of Ironscales
- Potion of Jumping
- Potion of Levitation
- Potion of Lightning’s Bane
- Potion of Muffle
- Potion of Steelscales
- Potion of Time’s Return
- Quickened Body Potion
- Regeneration Potion
- Second Day Potion
- Scent-destroying Potion
- Shapechanger’s Tincture: Minotaur
- Shapechanger’s Tincture: Scaled Minotaur
- Sobering Potion
- Stamina Potion
- Stink Potion
- Talent Potion
- Thickskin Potion
- Vanish Potion
- One messy way to get over a hangover is by drinking a mana potion. Alcohol and mana potions don't go well together; by consuming both everything comes back up.
- Chapter 2.12 (Ryoka in Octavia's shop) and Chapter 6.39 (Numbtongue in Octavia's shop)
- I - Saliss the Adventurer
- Chapter 1.41
- Chapter 7.17 S
- Chapter 1.29
- Chapter 2.09
- Chapter 1.07 R
- Chapter 3.36
- Chapter 3.36
- Interlude – Chocolate Alchemy
- Mating Rituals Pt.2
- Chapter 4.07
- Chapter 7.36 C
- Chapter 5.57
- Chapter 1.41