Relc is at least six and a half feet tall. His scales are light green, and he has huge arms, reminiscent of a bodybuilder's, with sharp claws on each hand. Relc's eyes are narrow, resembling that of snakes', being very yellow, with black pupils.
He also sports a forked tongue that can be observed when he smiles. Relc pronounces his words with elongated s's, and has a deeper voice then Klbkch. Clearing his throat sounds deeper and more bassy then normal humans do. When rubbing his hands together, his scales makes them sound like sandpaper.
Relc is often immature. He prefers personal gratification such as eating or finding nice rocks to laze about upon while he should be performing his duties, much to the exasperation of Watch Captain Zevara. However, he is serious about performing his duties when the situation calls for it and is dependable in a fight. Relc is also fiercely loyal to his friends and willing to own up to his mistakes.
When asked about his classes, he identified himself first and foremost as a [Spearmaster].
Choleric when he is mistaken for, or called, a Lizardman.
Relc served in the 1st Wing of the Liscorian army. He was a [Sergeant] and a [Spear Drake]. After he bested and killed a [Spearmaster] in battle, he gained the class of [Spearmaster]. He was then given an enchanted spear, which he had to leave behind when he left the army. That spear and his spearfighting skill in combination with his sprinting speed made Relc ideal as a specialist in going after enemy commanders and mages in battle. He earned his nickname, "The Gecko (of Liscor)", that way. He served with General Zel during the 2nd Antinium War. [Iron Skin] was the last skill Relc got from his [Soldier] class.
He eventually left the army and "retired" to become a Guardsman, much to the frustration of his daughter Embria.
When he and Klb were on patrol duty, they were told by their Captain to investigate the cause of the smoke that came from the Floodplains. After they located the source of it, they found Erin's inn. When returning another day, Relc offended Erin by trying to kill Pisces. She trusted him again while visiting the city for the first time and let him help her carry groceries back to the inn. The next day he tried to sort out the "goblin problem" they had noticed around her inn and proudly presented Erin with three dead goblins. This set Erin against him and lead to her policy of "no killing goblins". When Klbkch was killed by goblins, Relc cancelled his friendship with Erin.
Relc was then seen on patrols through the city, cracking down on adventurers by himself and racing Ryoka. It took Relc a while to visit the Wandering Inn again, but when he did so he was confident and brought several other guards to confront Gazi and Pisces. Even so, Relc remained unfriendly with Erin even when he was willing to speak with her again. However, he was trying to protect Erin from Ksmvr's machinations, but that turned out unnecessary. Relc was holding heroically against the Undead during Skinner's Attack on Liscor.
Klbkch's resurrection relieved most of Relc's bad mood towards Erin. Rejoined with his friend, he spent a great night at the Wandering Inn. Near the Ruins of Liscor, he fought against Gazi, who won the fight effortlessly.
Relc helped with Erin's efforts to rebuild her inn when it was destroyed by Toren. While doing so, he beat up Rags which drove her away from Liscor. Relc was seen again when he helped fight off a raiding party from the Goblin Lord. When Rags' later returned to Erin's inn, Relc's behavior towards her was very poor, which ultimately got him banned from Erin's inn.
Powers and Abilities
- [Archer] Lv. ? (Negligible)
- [Carpenter] Lv. ? (Negligible)
- [Trusted Sergeant of the Watch] Lv. 24+
- Consolidated from [Guardsman of Trust] and [Sergeant]
- [Spearmaster] Lv. 36
- Derived from [Vanguard of the Spear]
- [Armored Advance]
- [Consecutive Spear Flurry]
- [Counter Backstep]
- [Extended Sweep]
- [Eyes In The Back]
- [Flurry Strikes]
- [Indomitable Will]
- [Iron Skin] / [Iron Scales] (high level, rare)
- [Lightning Sprint]
- [Officer Headhunter Mode]
- [Pierce Thrust]
- [Recall Weapon: Spear]
- [Sergeant’s Command]
- [Spear Dance: The Fish Leap]
- [Spear Flurry]
- [Squad: Incorruptible Watchmen]
- [Squad: Unity’s Coordination]
- [The Law Upheld] (Can only use it 4 times per his entire shift)
- [Thick Skin]
- [Triple Thrust] (rare skill)
- [Wear My Integrity]
- [Whirlwind Dodge]
An eight foot long enchanted spear that was awarded to him for valor, during his time in the Liscorian Army. It looked completely normal beside having a grooved tip and the haft looked thick and made of a dark brown-grey wood. With it Relc can take on any Gold-rank adventurer, as it is enchanted to pierces magic barriers like soft cheese and is durable enough to at least hold his own weight without even bending an inch.
As it is enchanted with anti-magic, it’s nearly as strong as a blade made of Naq-Alrama steel. This makes it a [Mage]-killer, or an officer-slayer.
- His surname was revealed in Ch 1.38.
- It was revealed in Interlude - Embria that Goblins had killed his parents and wife.
- He has alluded to eating Drowned Folk before. Additionally, he has joked about eating Humans before.
- According to Selys, he looks ugly, as his face and his jaw don't match, though it is not known if that is the general view of female drakes or only hers. However, Isceil also noticed that Relc looks ugly.
- He never got any dagger skills.
- Klbkch estimated once that if it came to a fight he would be able to hold Relc off for five minutes and inflict serious wounds before Klbkch would die. If he tried to assassinate him, though, he would have had an even chance of killing him. That estimation was based on Klbkch's levels before he was reborn.
- In Ch 2.39 a dialogue between Erin and Selys hinted at Relc having a daughter “Look, it’s not just that. He’s older than me, you know? I mean, I’m almost the same age as his d—”'. In Ch 5.13 it was revealed that he does indeed have one.
- Relc once beat over 40 people in a fight, presumably on his own.
- Aside from Hawk, Relc is the only person in Liscor with a Courier's speed - at least when Ryoka and other couriers aren't around.
- Relc hates adventurers, as according to him, they pick fights when they’re drunk, they run away from tough monsters, and they’re rude to guardsmen.
- He killed his first Wyvern at the age of 28.
- He is frequently banned from inns, taverns and bars, either for offending the owner or other guests; or for being involved in brawls.
- He often uses [Relc Headbutt] and [Relc Punch] despite neither being a real Skill and has remarked that it would be helpful if either actually did anything.
- Chapter 1.07
- Chapter 8.34 R
- Chapter 1.38
- Chapter 4.12
- Chapter 4.28
- Chapter 3.42
- Chapter 1.14
- Chapter 1.11
- Chapter 1.16
- Chapter 1-20
- Chapter 1.26
- Chapter 1.28, Chapter 1.30
- Chapter 1.29
- Chapter 1.31
- Chapter 1.36
- Chapter 1.38
- Chapter 1.42, Chapter 1.43, Chapter 1.44
- Chapter 2.01
- Chapter 2.05
- Chapter 2.11
- Chapter 2.14 G
- Chapter 2.32 H
- Chapter 2.19 G
- Chapter 2.39
- Chapter 8.34 R
- Chapter 5.13
- Interlude - Embria
- Interlude - Queens and Dragons
- Side Story – Mating Rituals
- Chapter 2.17
- Chapter 1.23