The ‘of Lights’ of the Saliss of Lights Title comes from his ability to prepare hundreds, perhaps as many as a thousand alchemical weapons, that flash and explode like fireworks, but instead of crackling sparks, they explode into clouds of shining particles, crackling thunder and conventional explosions.
In Volume 7 it was revealed that Saliss is secretly a Turnscale that individuals himself/herself/themselves as the opposite gender, with an alter ego that identifies as Onieva Oliwing.
As Saliss Edit
Saliss has dusky yellow scales, and a slim body.
As Onieva Edit
Onieva has a tall slim body, with a unique coloration of rose pink and cobalt blue scales.
As Saliss Edit
As Onieva Edit
Powers and Abilities Edit
Saliss is a powerful individual, even by Named Adventurer standards. Saliss possesses one of the highest, if limited, combat potentials in the world, assessed by Grimalkin as stronger than himself, if Saliss were catching the [Sinew Magus] unprepared. He also stated that if Saliss could destroy an army if prepped, and might actually do some damage to Cognita.
- [Alchemist] Lv. ?
- [Eyes of Appraisal]
- [Flash Hands]
- [Flash Sparks]
- [Remote Explosion]
- [Slow Toss]
- ??? - A number of Skills that makes his scales resist hazardous effects like fire, acid, poison and cold.
Anti-[Appraisal] Ring: A Ring made of a Ruby mixed with Truegold. At its center, where a gemstone might go, it has a black, faintly luminescent sigil traced in it that looks like a stylized crossed-out eye. It is enchanted to protect the user from [Appraisal] like Spells.
- Saliss's surname was revealed in Ch 7.02.
- It has been mentioned by Xif that there is an adventuring [Alchemist]-Specialist of even higher level than himself, which implies that Saliss might be this person. This was later confirmed in Ch 7.02.
- It has become evident that Pallassian residents avoid the topic and prefer not to talk much about Saliss, or his heroic achievements.
- Saliss is the first person to ever laugh at Erin's inn name.
- Saliss is the most annoying Drake in the entire world, at least in Erin's view.
- Some people believe him and Erin to be quite similar. As Erin is Liscor's Crazy Human [Innkeeper] so is Saliss Pallass’ Crazy Drake [Alchemist].
- Saliss is rumored to have the highest attacking power in the world.
- Since Saliss worked for over thirty years to prolong/restore his Grandfather's health, Saliss can be estimated to be about fifty years old.
- (To Pallassian Guards) “I just misplaced my clothes! It was an accident! I would have put them on. Eventually.”
- (To Erin) “Miss, no force on earth could make me put on pants.”
- (To Inmates) “Mock me if you will! But don’t pretend I’m anything but honest! Natural! All of you are just prudes! Constrained by clothing! Grow up! Everyone has something!”
- (To Erin) “Hah! Wandering inn? Good one! That’s clever!”
- (To Grimalkin) “Grimalkin, are you adopting my fashion sense?”
- (To himself) “This sucks. I’m going back home. I’ve got to make hundreds of potions—can’t even get arrested—what’s the world coming to? Prison’s great for focusing, but no…”
- (To Grimalkin and Chaldion) “Really? I’ve met [Gamblers] who can do that. You think if I tag along with her, she can do something really entertaining? Like, say, accidentally knocking down one of Pallass’ walls?”
- (To Erin) “Is this Xif? Go away! I’m not sharing my flame! If you’re a [Merchant], I’ll hit you. With a rock or something!”
- (To Octavia) “Nah, I’m fine. Nakedness is a way of life, not a bargaining chip! And I’m naked enough for everyone!”
- (To Octavia (and Erin)) “A magical garden. The door. A white Gnoll, oh, a few more interesting things here and there…and she wonders why I take an interest. Well, I like it. And she also has stuff that really interests me. Why shouldn’t I appear?”
- (To Octavia) “Me, you? I’m never asking you to do anything…sexual. Or illegal. Or wrong. If you think I am, I probably said it wrong or you heard it weird. This isn’t Nerrhavia. I said that last night, right?”
- (To everyone) “In case you forgot—I’m the best naked, dancing [Alchemist] this world has ever seen. And I really like this inn.”
- (To Erin) “Hey. You always show up at the right moment, don’t you? That’s an adventurer’s trick.”