Saliss Oliwing, also known as Saliss of Lights, is one of the most powerful Drakes in Izril. The highest-leveled [Alchemist] in all of Pallass, and perhaps the world, Saliss is also a Named Adventurer, as well as Pallass’ only permanent resident Named-rank adventurer in the entire city.
His epithet "of Lights" comes from his ability to prepare hundreds to thousands of alchemical weapons which flash and explode like fireworks.
Saliss is secretly a Turnscale who identifies as the opposite gender. Through the use of potions, Saliss is able to physically transform into a female Drake, calling herself Onieva Oliwing and masquerading as Saliss's cousin.
Saliss has dusky yellow scales, and a slim body.
Onieva has a tall slim body, with a unique coloration of rose pink and cobalt blue scales.
A joker and a non-comformist, Saliss has often described to be a male Erin, something that she objects stringently to. Saliss delights in annoying people and generally being obnoxious, which he does through outrageous antics and prancing around Pallass naked.  He usually tones down his annoyingness with his friends, though admittedly not by much. While he is seemingly very outspoken and forthright, Saliss often hides his true feelings and emotions. Secretly, he is often unhappy and hates hiding who he truly is. He becomes uncomfortable and agitated if he doesn't change to Onieva for more than two weeks. He doesn't regard his "Saliss body" as his true one, which is why he doesn't care about prancing around naked.
While he sometimes does show off being one of the best [Alchemists] and Named Adventurers in the world, Saliss is not egotistical. He is secretive of his work, but is willing to share and trade with others in exchange for something he deems important.
He has a strained relationship with his grandfather Chaldion, who views him as a disgrace due to his attitude and him being a Turnscale, the latter which they often fight about.
As Onieva, she is more social and extroverted, willing to relax and party. Sharp-tongued, she is protective of other Turnscales, and often rails on Pallass's society for its bigotry.
Powers and Abilities
Saliss is a powerful individual, even by Named Adventurer standards. Saliss possesses one of the highest, if limited, combat potentials in the world, assessed by Grimalkin as stronger than himself, if Saliss were catching the [Sinew Magus] unprepared. He also stated that if Saliss could destroy an army if prepped, and might actually do some damage to Cognita.
He has a number of Skills that makes his scales resist hazardous effects like fire, poison and cold.
- [Alchemy: Shortened Span]
- [Curved Arc]
- [Delayed Throw]
- [Disable Friendly Fire]
- [Double Potency]
- [Doubled Efficacy]
- [Eyes of Appraisal]
- [Flash Hands]
- [Flash Sparks]
- [Greater Dodge]
- [Remote Detonation]
- [Remote Explosion]
- [Resistance: Acid]
- [Slow Toss]
- [Vessel of Alchemy]
- [Combination Attack: A Thousand Fireflies]
- [Combination Attack: Lightning Tempest]
- [Combination Attack: Winter’s Freeze]
- Anti-[Appraisal] Ring: A Ring made of a Ruby mixed with Truegold. At its center, where a gemstone might go, it has a black, faintly luminescent sigil traced in it that looks like a stylized crossed-out eye. It is enchanted to protect the user from [Appraisal] like Spells.
- Alchemist Glass Jars: Made from expensive and strong glass that could probably stay intact even if thrown at a wall. To make them break to unleash the alchemistic contained in them, Saliss has to use the [Remote Detonation] Skill.
- His surname was revealed in Ch 7.02.
- It has been mentioned by Xif that there is an adventuring [Alchemist]-Specialist of even higher level than himself, which implies that Saliss might be this person. This was later confirmed in Ch 7.02.
- Saliss is an uncomfortable topic for Pallassian residents, though this has somewhat lessened after his role in driving off the Frost Wyverns.
- Saliss is the first person to ever laugh at The Wandering Inn's name.
- Saliss is the most annoying Drake in the entire world, at least in Erin's view.
- He is rumored to have the highest attacking power in the world.
- Since Saliss worked for over thirty years to prolong/restore his Grandfather's health, Saliss can be estimated to be about fifty years old.
- Saliss had a motto, which is ‘acid is a solution to 90% of all my problems,’ a joke so bad it had gotten him booed out of both the Alchemist and Adventurer’s Guilds multiple times.
- Still it is a true statement, though, as most of his monster-extermination jobs ended within seconds of him tossing an acid vial at the problem. And most monsters weren’t acid-proof, or at least not against his specialized acids, which can even eat away mithril.
- He tends to swear using String People expressions, such as "Burn my stitches!", most likely stemming from his time in Chandrar.