Vampires are one of the many Races of the Innworld.
Vampires look like normal Humans, with the exception of having unnaturally pale skin, pointed fangs and red eyes.
Physical Qualities Edit
- Enhanced Strength:
- Enhanced Speed:
- Enhanced Agility:
- Enhanced Durability:
- Enhanced Stamina:
- Night Vision: Vampires can see really well in the dark.
- Poison Resistance: Vampires are really hard to poison.
- Pain Tolerance:
Magical Qualities Edit
Special Abilities Edit
- Domination: While it works best on animals, some gifted vampires can even control people such as making them forget something. Not even charms can protect from a vampire's gaze.
- Shapeshifting: Vampires can turn into a bat. It is currently unknown if they can turn into anything else, like mist.
- Age Shifting: Vampires don’t really age. They can if they want to, or even get younger. But they don’t have to grow old.
- Sunlight: While the current living vampires don't die while being in the sun, opposed to stronger ones in the past, they don't feel well in it and get tired easily.
- Silver: If silver makes contact with them, it burns them. Also if too much silver is around them, it will make them feel itchy.
- Garlic: Vampires are allergic to garlic. Some even get hives just by being in the same room with them.
Behavior and Culture Edit
Vampires used to be a scourge on Izril and had several large infestations that were wiped out over the centuries. House Byres was famous for rooting them out, with their silver being a key component of their destruction.
Vampires don’t earn classes. When someone is turned into one they lose all of their classes. Bamer thinks it’s a way of keeping balance, as vampires would otherwise become too strong.
- Ulrien once saw a dungeon that was designed solely to combat Vampires. It was more like a fortress that made use of light-based traps and spells.
- As it is often depicted in fictions, vampires in the story do not have a shadow.
- Vampires can eat food, though it doesn't do much for them. A vampire can eat all day and the food mostly goes in and out. Blood’s what they need to live.
- They don’t need to sleep as much—although vampires get tired during the day.
- A misconception is that vampires are undead. If that were the case, they wouldn't need blood to survive and neither would they have a pulse.
- The last vampires were sighted around 400 years ago.