In comparison to the other Walled Cities, Zeres is among the stronger ones with regards to military, as even Manus residents admit. Moreso, it is rich in trade, its wealth coming right after Salazsar. Several references in the story have been made about Zeres being a hub in information brokering as well.
Zeres is ruled by nobility who are famous for their unique glowing or flame-like scale coloration. They have "Lords of the Wall", but the current city's ruler is, apparently, called the "Serpentine Matriarch of Zeres".
Historically, Zeres has been the closest ally of Pallass, whose democracy even has a faction called the Zeresian Group, which is in the current storyline one of the smaller political parties of Pallass. Pallass also maintains strong trade relations to Zeres, buying from the distant harbor city. However, these strong ties don't mean that Zeres' strategists don't bicker during Joint Sessions about Pallassian "greedy" "idiots".
- When Wistram started exporting scrying orbs for television purposes, Zeres and First Landing were the ports where the stuff sold for at least 400.000 gold coins.
- When the Walled Cities arranged for Lady Veltras' death, the [Assassin] was paid in Zeres with Zeresian money.
- One of the most reknowned Drake strategists is living in Zeres; while apparently Wil Kallinad has a [Strategist] pen pal in Zeres. Also, incidentally, the Zeresian [Strategist] Kissi is famous for pettiness. Those strategists could well be different Drakes, naturally.
- Savere sent ships to raid Zeres four month before the Conference of Pomle.
- The Drake Gallheart was legendary as a [Ship Captain] from Zeres.
- Among all the Port Cities and Nations, Zeres is one of the top 5 worst places that [Pirates] avoid. While among dangerous spots, Zeres isn’t even in the top 50.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Chapter 6.32
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Chapter 6.33 E
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Chapter 5.13
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 S02 - The Antinium Wars Pt. 1
- ↑ Chapter 2.41
- ↑ Chapter 6.31
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Chapter 5.49
- ↑ S02 - The Antinium Wars, pt. 4
- ↑ Chapter 6.16
- ↑ Chapter 6.29
- ↑ Chapter 5.60
- ↑ Chapter 5.52
- ↑ Glossary - Wil
- ↑ Chapter 6.15 K
- ↑ Interlude – Rufelt